How to: Tie the Resetting Ring Rig

CAT

Reaction score
like all the proper anglers on here i don't get the use of the tubing it just don't make sense on a blow back rig but what surprised me most was the single overhand Knot for the end loop, if you don't want to lose fish you should use the safest knot out there which is the The Figure Of Eight or Double Overhand Loop Knot because as we all know braid will slip when put under pressure.

http://www.carpcatchers.biz/carpcatchersblog/?p=553

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The rig has be posted with the wrong title it shouls read "How to tie a resetting ring rig"
The silicone re sets the rig into the correct position should the rig be picked up and ejected so it is perfectly set for the next fish. Most rigs do not reset if they have been picked up but as soon as you reel them in they reset. The only other rig that does not reset it self as a feature is the standard Knotless knot with a small peice of silicone to hold the hair on the bend of the hook. With this rig if you get a pick up the silicone is pushed from the bend of the hook all the way to the back of the knotless knot, thus indicating a pick up and ejection of the rig.
As with all of these things there is only so much that can be conveyed in still pictures and despite it looking cumbersome for me it has been devistating.
Thanks for lal your kind comments

Last edited: