Important announcement

mikench

Reaction score
When i click on the app a screen appears saying" this topic does not exist or you do not have permission to access it"

Underneath said message is a link saying " Open in Browser"

Just one click and I'm in and looking at hé forum as it appears on my iPad. By clicking on the post rather than the thread title and I am in the right place to read the last post and reply.

My addled brain dislikes change of any sort but I'm happy with the changes which i assume are at the Tapatalk end

vsadmin

Administrator
Reaction score
My Macbook logs me out every day as well (using the Safari browser). It was never an issue before.

You may need to clear your cache. I would not know specifically who this would be the case. Staying logged in is typically a cookie issue and your browser may just want the cookies cleared to accept a new one for the site.
-Philip

vsadmin

Administrator
Reaction score
When i click on the app a screen appears saying" this topic does not exist or you do not have permission to access it"

Underneath said message is a link saying " Open in Browser"

Just one click and I'm in and looking at hé forum as it appears on my iPad. By clicking on the post rather than the thread title and I am in the right place to read the last post and reply.

My addled brain dislikes change of any sort but I'm happy with the changes which i assume are at the Tapatalk end

We are waiting to hear back from TT. I put in a word with our operations team to see if we needed the TT license updated.
-Philip

fishface1

Reaction score
Ah…

If only you’d let me know, you could have had more of my scintillating chat.

vsadmin

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you for the update! If it gives you trouble, you may need to clear the app cache and log back in.
-Philip

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

On behalf of the Community Management team, we'd like to offer you the warmest of welcomes to the VerticalScope family of forums! Our team helps manage the site administration and maintenance duties of keeping the site operational, and we wanted to take the opportunity to not only say "hello" but also to share a little bit about what to expect.
Hi, not been on here for quite a while but was recently alerted to this change of ownership.

My Moderator status has still not been removed. I resigned quite a while ago after several disagreements with a previous, sadly now deceased, Editor.

As an aside, from my recollection, "Bluenose" and then "Posh Paul" had backed away from Moderation for valid reasons quite a while before I left (I can't be bothered to look but I suspect their profiles still show Moderator privileges). That left the ever present PJ and then Kirsty with that responsibility. I think I'm correct in saying all four of us go back to the days of Graham Marsden's stewardship of FM and were selected by him. PJ in 2001 (or earlier) and me in 2003. The two others followed quite soon after.

The site was always in need of maintenance, even more so now.

But life goes on!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Hello Neil, long time no see.

I hope you are well and still wetting a line.
Hi Peter,

Yes, all things considered, hanging in there. Plenty of fishing, although yet to touch my local Stour or Avon because of the distressingly low levels and conditions.

Satisfied myself with the occasional successful few hours chasing carp off the top on the fly gear and, more traditionally, monstrous but stunning grayling on my #3wt outfit from the Dorset Frome.

I doubt I'll return as a regular contributor to the "new" FM but here's a proper grayling!

20220707_164701.jpg

20220707_170109.jpg