John Ledger Memorial

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
lol that was only a practise chuck.....what about the huuuuge one I lost on the net? bet it was bigger than the one you lost Neil lol/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

You not using MY lovely roach for live baiting Cakester/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"what about the huuuuge one I lost on the net?"

Careful now Saint Claudia your halo might be slipping!
IMG_1400a.jpg

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
No worries claudia, will go get them tomorrow. Don't forget what i said about the black jack sweets /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I think I will bring my lure gear and go on a long walkabout way upstream.

I've had a few nice Esoxes there recently on spinnerbaits.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Piking? Shame on you Ron......it's a roach bashing day/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
That area of the Idle really looks a good stretch. I walked upstream a bit last year and there are certainly some very good "fishy" areas. I was quite surprised at the numbers of pike that appeared to be there in most swims.

Almost every time I thought I'd got the roach and dace going well, a pike would have a go.

That was the day when JL introduced himself to me with the words "you're fishing it all wrong, you can't use a centrepin like that".

It's strange, I never really knew him, but I miss him!

C

Cakey

Claudia ..............I was piking when I met John on the Idle ,so I will pike

F

Fred Bonney

I'll roach,pike are nuisance fish!

Especially on a 2lb bottom.

C

Cakey

2lb bottom ...........................more like 2 stone /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Dont let them draw you Fred there only jealous. Not everyone can forget his fishing seat and still get reasonably comfortable.

PS. I will ring you over the weekend re a trip to the trent before we take the Idle apart .LOL.

Beecy

Reaction score
im having a day off work next week Cakes to go and fish it, and will be trying to get down as often as i can now, so will report back on form

Ive not been as far down as haxey so far this season, had a few very good days on the upper river in the summer but blanked last time, im hoping this means the fish have started moving down

F

Fred Bonney

Mick,they won't mate.Good job I always carry an unhooking mat!

I've double booked the Idle memorial fishin ,and will be on my way back from Romford on saturday morning. So depending on the M25,M11,A14, A1 and A46,I shall be there afternoon or, before the pub shuts.

I'm on the Severn thingythis weekend,we'll speak next week. If I don't get washed away.