Keith Culley Memorial Match 2010 - 17th April 2010

J K

Reaction score
I'd like to attend please Nigel and have breakfast.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
When I fished with Scott in July last year I asked the Bailiff what is the best time to fish here, he said..............

The best time to fish Clattercote is between the end of June to the end of September, more fish are caught and less chance of fish spawning although the tench may spawn for the second time during this period. To fish outside of these times is a bit of a lottery and depends entirely on the weather conditions.

I got fed up of catching bream during that time Scott and I fished with only three carp and no tench (which were spawning for the 2nd time) which is why I packed up early. Now think back to the times when we fished the annual match in May and the Aces/Chavs match late last year, how many bream were caught?

I am not advocating this match be put back, it wouldn't be the same if we caught fish :p, just suggesting that the Aces/Chavs match is fished earlier than normal and within this period if in fact it is held there.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm! Doesn't seem a lot of interest in this so far does there? I will see Wol and Andy next Saturday and maybe they havn't noticed this so I will remind them, but whats happened to the other regulars including Neil, the Spillers, Fred, ****y and his mate and many more, don't tell me they are disillusioned with the place?

OY! You lot, get yer names down - PRONTO.

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
It might be that the prospect of an earlier match in April is putting a majority off, I certainly wouldn't object to a May one as always. It's always a lottery, albeit stacked in Stu Dexter's favour :D, no matter when we have it, might just be a tad warmer then.

You're call Nigel.

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
Keep the faith guys.Graham suggested that we look to play with the date after last years match and I think it is a good idea.

We can try April and if it doesn't work we'll go to June or July next year.

I was conscious of the World Cup and then you are into holiday season.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Keep the faith guys.
I believe Nigel, I believe. Praise Nigel, blessed be Nigel.

(that enough faith, Nigel?) :D

OK by me. First time I went with Marsbar and Kevin and met up with Stu was April and we had a reasonable day (Kevin actually caught and fell off his chair with joy so it must have been good) although Stu had the best catch, as usual..... Thought about trying the far bank for a change? Really mix things up.

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paid and Fishing

Graham Marsden - B
Nigel Connor -B
Graham W -B
Scott W
Steve King -B
John Macklin - B
Steve Pavey(?)

Fishing

Peter Crabtree
Steve Wilson
Jeff Woodhouse
JK

Morespiders

Reaction score
BUMP,that hurt, what you do that for? will try and make it Nigel, cant say at the moment

Last edited:

John McLaren

Reaction score
I am just not getting on the site as often as I used to and have only just seen this. I am interested but may not be able to make it as a holiday has been tentatively pencilled in for that week. If we re-arrange I'll let you know.

Reaction score
Nigel,

Me and Paul H (Pikey) have checked our diaries and it's Clattercote-a-go-go!

Pop us both on the list; cheque in post next couple of days.

Could you pm me your address mate?

Watch out Marsbar! This is my year! Lol! :)