Larford Lake

S

Steve Plant

I'm considering a trip tomorrow (Sunday 18th) to Larford Lake near Stourport. Has anyone out there fished it who could give me some advice? I've read various articles etc about the place, seemingly it's a good spring-time venue for bream & carp, but with these cold easterlies coming across the country possibly roach & perch may be a better quarry. Does anyone know what it fishes like for these species? - with the emphasis on quality fish rather than quantity, although a few bites would be nice. Or possibly pike? I've never heard of it in terms of producing decent pike. Any help gratefully received. Thanks alot.

S

Stewart Bloor

Steve, there is a web site for Larford. Not sure of the address, maybe type larford in the search engine?
Before you go I would check that it's open first, as it is in a rural area. The site mobile is 0374 - 703067.
I had a session on there about a year ago with Dave Cooper. Dave fished maggot and had a lot of small fish, I went for something decent and had a double carp, so we were both happy.
If I remember correctly from the rules, fish baits (dead or alive) are banned, but try and get the web site address if you can to confirm.

G

Gary Knowles

Nice to see they 'Gay Emblem' has finally learned how to use the Forum....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Gary, I didn't recognise the name 'Steve Plant'. But wow, the Gay Emblem on the forum. For anybody who doesn't know, the GE is Gary's pal (somebody has to be) and he adores pink. I think that's why he and Gary get on so well.......

S

Stewart Bloor

Even when I replied to his posting on the Forum, I didn't realise it was him. But then he mailed me direct. His mail started 'Do you remember me...'. Well, how could I not...it's not very often, in the macho world of fishing that you come across someone who adores the colour pink...I think he tried to emulate Jan Porter but when his mom washed his clothes in the machine they mixed with some white ones and came out pink...Still, that's understandable, but when he went into the tackle shop and asked if they sold pink sweetcorn, it was then I realised something was amiss...Still, GE, don't let them get you down, now you're out of the closet, so to speak, good to have you on board, so to speak...

G

Gary Knowles

Sedge, you dissapoint me !

How can anyone forget the performace of the GE at Wesport. The image will live with me forever. Picture the scene, a beatiful sunset, the glassy surface of the lake burnt orange in the glow of the late evening sun.......and the flourecent pink reels glowing on GE's rods....such a heartwarming vision of tranquility !

S

Stewart Bloor

Gary, but when I asked him where he got his reels from he said 'Barney Ribble'....(to those who don't know, Gary Knowles nickname is BR)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And the Gay Emblem was the first in the queue to kiss the Sweet Prince's ring.

S

Stewart Bloor

Hey this is great...a pretender to the throne has emerged who can now be the object of everyone's ridicule instead of me..I like it, long may it continue..sorry about this Mr Emblem, but I'm handing the baton over to you...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sedge wears red pants...........and his name has never been Jan Porter.

S

Stewart Bloor

Sedge wears red pants..
I wonder why you kept following me into the bathroom at The Talbot...

S

Stewart Bloor

Now where else can you throw up?
Dave Cooper's jokes aren't THAT bad...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I haven't heard Dai tell any jokes yet. Not saying he hasn't tried, but.....

G

Gary Knowles

I've been in the Talbot - Its that huge pub on the banks of the Teme - isn't it?

Graham, what are you doing following a man of the cloth into the gents toilet.

Maybe someone else is about to come out of the closet ! !

I've heard Cooperman telling a joke - something about Matt Hayes stalking carp..........

S

Stewart Bloor

Gary, different Talbot - it's the one at Kempsey we're talking about (lower Severn). Mind, it doesn't matter what name is on the front, Graham never pays for a drink once inside...

S

Stewart Bloor

Gary, different Talbot - it's the one at Kempsey we're talking about (lower Severn). Mind, it doesn't matter what name is on the front, Graham never pays for a drink once inside...Gents toilet? Who said it was the gents?

S

Steve Plant

Well, I admit to being new to all this e.mail & internet business, but I'm learning something new everyday. For instance, I now know how to use the FM Forum.
1. Place a seemingly innocent request for angling advice in the hope of tapping into the vast knowledge & wisdom of the FishingMagic readership.
2. Spend a bitch of a day at work, but, who cares, when I get home I can relax with a beer, have a good read of all the forum contributions and learn lots and lots!
3. Arrive home, grab that beer, switch on the PC and be greeted by a torrent of abuse regarding the colour of my reels!!

Still, what can you expect with Barney Ribble & Graham Greyhound. And as for you Sedge, you can keep that baton to yourself thank you very much!

PS They're purple, NOT pink!!!