Larford Lake

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Steve, just how many witnesses were there to them being pink?

I don't do jokes, how could anyone who is forced to live amongst the Welsh possibly have a sense of humour. (OOPS, suppose I will get locked up with Anne Robinson now, what a horrible thought).

Matt Hayes IS the greatest angler that ever lived and tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth whenever he puts pen to paper. It's in the AT so it must be true. (That's a joke Richard if you are reading - oh no I don't do them do I, bugger. Never mind I don't have any money anyway so they can't sue me for what I ain't got).

Oh, Andy, Larfords quite good. Even Matt and Sedge catch fish there.

S

Stewart Bloor

Andrew, I can see you're looking for a sensible answer here...let's face it you won't get one from this lot. So, to answer your question : yes, Larford is still open (it was at least Saturday anyway according to Steve). I forgot to mention it in the mail I sent you last night. They do have a web site as well, it appears early on in this thread, when it was still sensible, before it got hijacked by messers Cooper, Knowles and Marsden, otherwise known as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (I'll let them decide who's who).
But finally, Mr Emblem, those reels are definitely PINK not purple....

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
"....messers Cooper, Knowles and Marsden, otherwise known as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (I'll let them decide who's who)."

The order seems fine to me as it is Sedge.

Serious answer on Larford, providing the conditions are reasonable you should get a few carp between 5 and 10lb with a reasonable chance of something better using typical carp tactics.

If you fish with a groundbait feeder and maggots you will get pestered by small roach but will also pick up some bonus fish like the carp, plus perch, tench and crucians. There are big bream present but they are not easy to catch.

You can also take good size roach on waggler tactics in the deeper water on the river side of the lake apparently.

S

Stewart Bloor

Yeah, and Steve look out for the Bivvy Burglar..remember him Dave? The swan that kept nicking things out of my bivvy but left you alone, mind he did have a certain class about him. Remember the photo I got of him when he was trying to nick my food? It's in the current PP....

G

Gary Knowles

Steve,

Sorry mate DEFINITELY pink reels....no question.

But I must admit they do look nice with your crushed velvet sleeping bag and the floral net cutains outside your bivvy !

S

Stewart Bloor

Steve, who needs enemies when you have friends like Barney Ribble...mind, he does have a point....I also liked your dusky pink bivvie slippers with the contrasting sunset orange pom poms..really luvvie...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That nice pink hot water bottle, the furry one in the shape of a teddy bear, was nice too. No wonder you reel in at night.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And has anyone noticed the blushing pink headscarf in his photograph?

S

Stewart Bloor

Graham, you've just beat me to it...He's even got his imitation diamante forehead stone on as well....

G

Gary Knowles

And what you lot don't know - but Graham does. Is that the fish he's holding in the photograph are mine !

Chub on the ribble don't like getting caught with gay reels !

S

Stewart Bloor

OK Barney, you stay out all night with The Gay Emblem, you let him hold your fish...just how close are you two....

I

Iain Wishart

i reckon you lot are suffering from Foot and Mouth....or perhaps something more sinister?
See at you Go Fishing tomorrow?

S

Stewart Bloor

And the best bit is that Steve has not been on to defend himself...so it MUST be true...

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Sedge, I wish I had known you were including the Larford maniac swan in your article. I would have sent you the photo I have of it trying to eat your arm!