Opinion Piece - The Angling Trust

cocojak

Reaction score
re above comment on pea soup.

There should be no mystery to you as you oppose any one from the STA having the benefit of fish legal cover despite paying for it for years.
We have no option, but to be members. However the more I discover about this orginisation and the people like yourself who have influence in it, the more I am opposed to them. Hence my position on the Trust who speak for all anglers whether we like it or not.
It must be a sad life,seeing nefarious intent in every bodies behavior, which appears to be the basis of the vast majority of bile you drag up.
We have a fine head of chub, big shoals of up to 5lb+. And they are welcome in our water as part of the complex ecology that we work hard to preserve.

How ever no coarse club would be welcome on our water in November after the season closed, nor in fact at any other time. No doubt your logic is that we are being elitist. But there’s no anti coarse agenda its because:-
1 Because trout that we presume are from stocked lineage are on the Redds in November.
2 Trout from the Stream are getting into condition for breeding in Jan.
3 The stream is granted to us by the landowner on the provision that it is for the use of our members only and not the public at large.

This is your effort to show that game and coarse anglers can peacefully co-exist under one banner without friction?

Ruth Lockwood

Reaction score
Lol!! Meanwhile......a little update for you may ease the frustration

Terms of reference have now been drafted between AT and Advisory Panel.

AT board will be receiving accurate and robust financial reporting from newly appointed treasurer John Slader this week, and will share this with key players of panel in due course.

Applications for directorship vacancies will be considered at next AT meeting, mid Nov. Interested parties should submit a CV to chairman, Mike Heylin.

Membership recruitment in the last 8 weeks, hovers between 75-100 per week, with an encouraging number of clubs also signing up recently.

Tackle retailers are beginning to sign up to the recruitment outlet scheme, and industry is starting to step up their support too in recent weeks.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued interest, support and promotion of Angling Trust to others wherever possible.

Regards

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It took me a long time Ruth, too long!

The Trent incident did it for me, although my river is the Bristol Avon. I think it just hit home to me what could happen and all the arguments and fannying around (sorry) mean nothing! 'We' need one body looking out for all of us, obviously the 'We' doesn't include the Whingeing Pom, they don't need 'us' or want us! Hope that don't come back and bite them in the ar$e!

I would like to say, I've got mates who don't have internet access or can't be bothered with it. They buy the weeklies, but have no idea what the Angling Trust is about. I think a little more advertising wouldn't go a miss, just a thought.