origin of close season?

S

Stewart Bloor

Phil, they weren't double figure bream..they just looked big when in Graham's arms..I'm not saying he's small, but, in fact when I said 4' 11'' I meant when he was standing on Eddie Bibby's shoulders...As for not understanding Brummies..I admit he can be difficult to understand sometimes, but once you get used to him, Paul Williams is fairly easy to comprehend...

P

Phil Husselbury

Stewart,

I have loads of family in the area. Whenevr my Auny Jane rings, it's like talking to Noddy Holder in a dress. 'Ello Phileeeep'. Enough to make a grown man run!

Having said that, I have seen one or two Mark Downes videos that I coped with without subtitles. But I can honestly say I think Staffordshire and black country people are great. Thanks also for today's offering on the Sow, took me right back to my childhood as my first fish came from the Sow and the first few hunderd came from the Staffs and Worcester Canal. Had some fantastic times there. Did you wet a line in Africa?

S

Stewart Bloor

This is the Phil and Sedge show..eh?...I'm sure we'll get someone coming on soon telling us to hold our conversation in private...The only time I managed to fish in Africa was in South Africa fishing for bass in the Eastern Transvaal..now called Mpumalanga...I had two fish on, but lost them both...which proves, I can blank anywhere..

P

Phil Husselbury

Stewart,

I'm happy to go private (!) if you wish. Have to admit, I'm finding this very therapeutic, what with the close season, lousy weather, F & M et al. Cheaper than a shrink too!

We'll have to fish together and the Phil and Sedge show becomes....Blankety Blank.

It IS nearly the end of the week.

P

Paul Williams

Phil,
You find talking to Sludge therapeutic??????? well i suppose your'e right in a way......most of us on the site are now on therapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Sludge doing a teach in????? You have to be kidding! Who wants to learn how NOT to catch fish. Have a heart Sedge and leave poor Phil to his own devices - he will get there in the end and dosn't need the 'Blankers Curse' to contend with.

Phil - those of us who fish with Sedge reasonably regularly have not caught a barbel since last september. I'm telling you he's jinxed!

S

Stewart Bloor

Bore da Dai...Actually Daffydd, you may come in handy, because if the teach in's take off, we want to do some in Wales...and you could do the interpretation...

M

Malcolm Bason

I'd be interested in a teach-in with sedge - I could learn how to blank properly - I only play at it at the moment!!!

I'm always will to learn from an expert! ha ha ha ha!!

P

Phil Husselbury

Paul,

Hi, nice to talk to you. It's extremely therapeutic talking to Stewart. It's good to know there are other anglers (as bad as me) who learn as much from the hard days as the good. Best Regards.

P

Paul Williams

Phil,
I am so sorry we didn't get to you in time......i'll make sure theres room on our next therapy session!!!

S

Stewart Bloor

Phil...beware of his 'therapy sessions'...the last time there was one, they took group photographs...Paul and Rik's appeared on the Forum for a couple of weeks..you know the ones...Paul with his contorted face and Rik with his pupils four times their normal size...goodness knows what they get up to...

M

Malcolm Bason

I'll tell you what Sedge - if I do ever get to fish with them - there'll be a few more photo's floating around the net!!!!!

P

Phil Husselbury

You guys need help....but sadly so do I!!Keep me posted re: teach-ins. Sounds like a life changing experience and cheaper than Goa (if Graham brings his wallet that is....see evidence of learning already!!)Warm Regards.