Press Manor Fish In

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Yes Ric, there are times when rainbows can truly give you the heebie-jeebies. There they are rising and rolling all around you, and try as hard as you can you can't get a touch.

Yet the odd still water brownie will still have a go.

Basically rainbows are a lot less catholic in their diet than browns and have a greater tendency to preoccupation with one particular food form. Yet at times they will grab a dirty great black lure when they are preoccupied with daphnia for example.

And you have to consider the environment. A still water trout has all the time in the world to inspect your imitation. On rivers they will either grab a fly or they won't. Personally I have fished both still waters and rivers in my life and don't know which I prefer. One thing I have learned over the years is that people who say that still water rainbows are easy, just haven't spent much time fishing for them.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Please don't spoil Ron's write-up of the event by giving too much detail in this thread.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Nice one Morespiders. While you're in Tesco, could you please pick up a supply of Imodium? On reflection, better make it Imodium Plus.

You're welcome too Wendy, you can carry my rod :)

Morespiders

Reaction score
Imodium, Duraglit's better,what number bus do we get?, theres a bus stop near us with buses to Macclesfield and Handforth, just done some sandwiches,wife wants to know what time we will be back. Dont want that Wendy one with us ,makes to much noise.

W

Wolfman Woody

"If i promise to be quiet can i go?"

Hahahahahaha! Fat chance of that happening. Hahahahahahaha!

S

Shrek

Greenhouse actually!!! and yes, it's up, fully glazed and even has plants in it.

My brownie points are back up to a good enough level to go fishing again.

When's the next fly fishing thingy then? Saying that, I might come and spectate at Clattercote as it's not far down the road for me.