Press Manor Fish In

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Just found out I am unable to attend,if you have laid any monies out Ron let me know and I shall get it to you sorry for any inconvenience.

G

Ged

Ron and Bryan
Both lots will be there on Saturday.
No fighting please.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Let's hope the weather changes for tomorrow, it is really wet and windy here today. I don't mind the rain it's the wind, i struggle to cast in it.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Ron, can we set the competition time to 2.30pm - 5.30pm. Three hours is enough and that allows for the presentation of the trophy and is not too late for those who want to leave early.

G

Gary Knowles

Can we do it 1.30 till 4.30 (or 2 - 5)and give even more time to those that want to go home (for a celebratory drink!)

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Why not match starts as soon as we get there, break for a sarnie and get the competitive spirit going.

Pot collecting is a serious business, how about a second hand urn for the runner up?

Good condition one previous owner.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Ok Graham.

However I don't want this day to become seriously competitive. It's all about newcomers to fly fishing coming along, learning a little about fly fishing, having a good day out, catching a fish or two and having a light hearted little competition, in the true spirit of Andy Wright, whom our trophy is named after.

Remember it is me that has to do the counting and ajudication and 3 hours is enough.

2-30pm to 5-30pm it shall be.

Remember serious competition has never been part of fly fishing. It detracts from the ethos of this branch of our sport.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

And if Barney thinks he is going to win, he can think again.

I have given a lot of my gear to my son to take to Oz by the way so no more loaning out of rods.

:eek:)

G

Gary Knowles

Ron - Just in case you misunterdstood, I agree 3 hrs is plenty. My suggestion was to start it earlier not extend the match.

G

Gary Knowles

Lets face it Ron - if I can win with borrowed tackle and a selection of about 5 flies, image how well I'd do if I took it seriously ;o)

Gotta go now, I'm on a serious booze up with a mammoth curry lined up for later (I kid you not)...I should be really bubbling by tomorrow....

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The weather doesn't look to bad at all. No rain forecast, partly cloudy with winds to 12 mph dropping to 3 mph later in the day.

Temperatures up to 15 deg C with a bit of sun in the afernoon.

The hawthorns might be up. I have 20 of them tied up which I shall be selling for ?15 a fly.

:eek:)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I'm so excited about it now, did someone say there is a shop where you can buy flies?

I'll just bring all mine and someone can point me in the right direction as what to use.

Ron If i bought a fly from you i would want the little bugger to take me home as well for ?15!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Brian the bailiff has a wonderful selection of flies for sale tied by a true expert.

S

Shrek

Sorry folks but I'm now not able to attend this time, I've apparently run out of brownie points!!!!!

Hope you win it Wendy.

Looking forward to the write up.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Adrian, bring the missus with ya! Aww tell her you'll build a shed Sunday and you'll cook the dinner too!

BC, :)

M

MarkTheSpark

Ron
One of the penalties of being self-employed is that, when the work comes, you have to do it. So I'm crying off, Ron. I got a really good job in yesterday and I can't afford to miss the opportunity.

I'm really hacked off about missing a day out with all the FM folks, but now the business owes me a day, and I'll get to another of the fish-ins this summer.

Have a fantastic day's fishing - weather looks superb for it if you can stand the occasional shower...