Press Manor Fish In

G

Ged

Well I've just finished loading the car up for tomorrow. Just never got around to tying any flies. No Hawthorns in the box!
But, I do have my secrete weapon (I think).

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Hope you all have a great day, catch a few and those who are new to this branch of our great sport are hooked for life.

I'll be thinking of you all as I sneak in a little more "familiarisation" at Clattercote tomorrow.

"Me, competitive? What gave you that idea?"

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
I agree with you there mate. A brill day, Thanks to Morespiders and the others for letting me use their rods and having a bash.Really enjoyed it.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The highlight for me was getting to know the Bone Collecter even better, and of course Dave's Chilton's wonderful supercar!

But I'll tell you more in the write-up.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I really enjoyed today. Managed a few fish in the morning but could I get a sniff in the afternoon? Not a chance!

Hawthorns, Hawthorns, Hawthorns...

My crudely self-tied Bibio was a poor match, and my floating leader probably didn't help either!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Ric, there is no doubt that you are a very skilled river fly fisher. But when you get on a still water, especially holding rainbow trout you need to review what you have learned on rivers and understand that there are now a whole new set of skills to be learned.

Even Old **** Walker was perplexed for a time when he started fishing reservoirs.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Fantastic Day folks,As always fantastic company!

Ron BC was there???????????? i knew it!!!!

Dave Chiltons car is awesome!

Gary knowles arse is gross!!

Can't wait for the next one now!

Morespiders

Reaction score
BC, I was touched by your present for Ron,Graham read your letter out at the pub,I watched as Ron started to fill up,even I started to feel a little respect for you, then I just thought to myself, why couldn't you have given him a 8wt reel as well you miserable B-----d.

Wendy, I lost all respect for you when you picked up that large snail and tried sticking your little finger up its bottom!.Then procceded to try and suck it out of its shell.You dirty bugger. Shan't be going anywhere your going again, as for telling you where to catch a 6lb tench dont think the posh people where it is would appreciate someone like you sat there poking you finger up snails arses. How can you say Garys arse is gross after that?. You must learn how to conduct yourself in the company of gentlemen young lady.

Ron, Daves car is called a Lexus, if you liked Daves you would possitivly drool over his wifes car which is much nicer.

Yes it was a great day out, nice to meet you all, look forward to next time.

W

Wolfman Woody

"getting to know the Bone Collecter even better,"

So, who is he Ron? I'm dying to know.

Apart from the time he spent around my part of Manchester and Listons Bar in particular his identity remains a mystery? What do you know?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Well Woody, I think the BC is gay Listons and all that, not the place normal people hang out, and Ron just be carefull exepting gifts from BC, might have an ulterior motive if you know what I mean. A nods as good as a wink to a blind man.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Spiders, if i hadn't tried,you would have!

I wanted to get an edge over you :)

I look forward to meeting you again spiders, this time i will succeed in getting that snail!

Woody, i was there and i still haven't a clue who he is???? i'm very confused.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Ron, I was indeed, perplexed!

I'm used to working out the little nooks and crannies on rivers where the fish can get a regular meal, and feel safe.

As you know, in those places, if you don't alarm them, they will take just about anything you throw at them.

But these reservoirs: close to being grossly overstocked with fish that take anything...........but they don't.

I left scratching my head. Not a bad thing that.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Rik, what day do we depart to India?.Let me know ASAP will go to Tesco's for supplies, will I need wellies?, just made 4 hawthorn flies to take with us.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Spiders i'm going with him too, i'm going to slip myself in his case. So best you make enough hawthorns for the 3 of us.

He goes 30th May, sorry i mean we go 30th may.haha.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Your not coming with us you dirty bugger, made you some snail flies size 20s try sticking your finger up them!.