Press Manor Fish In

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
I seem to remember I have a pact with Mr Monk - if he turns up, I will.......

G

Gary Knowles

If nothing comes up I'll be there.

and this time I will not be taking thr blame for grumpy Marsdens emissions !!!!!

Extra mushy's anyone ?

D

David Bourne

Any sniff of confirmed dates yet? I am really up for this one, got a long leash from Wendy an' everyfing.
Done my homework on fishery location, just need to book accommodation and I am set!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Well I will make the casting vote.

The 12th of May it is to be.

And will you all help me in a major quest that will please Kevin greatly. The Monk, has to be there!!!

He has been a member of this website virtually as long as myself and has yet to turn up at a fish-in or get together. I ask you all to bombard him with e-mails remind him of the 12th of May.

It's not a matter of he won't be there, he WILL be there!!

G

Ged

Hope to be there this year. Missed last year due to work.
I'll try and convince Mr Monk as I only live around the corner from his Monestry. Also got spare tackle he could use.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Yes please Bryan.

Wendy you are the one person who can get The Monk out of his cave for this day.

And he has loads of fly tackle - no innuendo intended there.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I think we should plan a special reception for his arrival. Any ideas?

P

paul williams 2

Tel Monk i'll bring him three top notch Brum ruffs if he comes!

Bryan......may as well have it engraved before you bring it back...........but use my real name please....not Brummie!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

So challenges are being thrown down eh!!

I think I should start laying odds.

The plan for the day will be as follows:

8.45 am meet at the caravan for tea, coffee, introductions and ticket purchasing.

9.30 am until 12.30, fishing where tuition will take place for those who require it.

12-30 pm adjourn to the Three Horseshoes for Lunch.

1-30 pm fly tying demo. (Who's going to do it?)

2-30 pm to 6 pm a friendly catch and release match will take place, the winner being decided by the angler landing the most fish. I will do the counting!

There will only be one winner, however I am thinking of awarding a small trophy for the most "enthusiastic beginner" and the winner of this does not necessarily have to catch a fish at all.

Any other ideas will be welcome.

J

John McLaren

I'd like to join in the fun on this one.

Trying to have a look at the web site for Press Manor and there appears to be a problem - is there alternative info anywhere?

S

Shrek

I'm in.

As for the Fly Tying, I reckon Graham ought to show us his skills now that he's a proficient tyer.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Just spoken to Bernie Maher the fishery owner, we are booked in for the 12th May.

As for the fly tying: I suggest that a few beginners sit behind the vice and have a bash. Those experienced tyers then give constructive criticism.

What do you think?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Ron may I enquire the price for the days fishing . If you can get 10 thumbs here to tye a fly it will be a miracle of the highest order.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Hang on Ron

You're always telling us that you go fly fishing 'ooop norf' for ?2.50 a day, so you ought to subsidise us southerners to the tune of ?11.50 each if that's not the case.......

S

sash

I'd like to have attended this one but a good mate is getting married on the 12th so no go for me, shame.

Does anyone fly fish in my area, Cambs / Lincs (Rutland/Grafham maybe)? If possible, I'd love to tag along one day for a bit of tuition.