Reel line - general fishing

wetthrough

Reaction score
I'll give them a call thanks Mark. Looking at the Shimano site it would appear they've stopped doing the Aero Super Match. if that's the case I'll probably have to find something else at some point so might as well start looking now.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I'll give them a call thanks Mark. Looking at the Shimano site it would appear they've stopped doing the Aero Super Match. if that's the case I'll probably have to find something else at some point so might as well start looking now.
I will see what's available here in Oxford .if I find some ,I will get some for both of us and post some out to you .
I use Shimano Aero for reel lines, last lot I got from Leigh.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated Mark. I've respooled with 6lb DH Pro Match for now as I happened to have a spool. I'll see how it goes but it's expensive. I only get one spooling from a reel, takes about 115M to fill the Stradic 4000 with spool reducers. Could do with him selling it in bulk spools if it turns out to be OK.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
I've been using Guru dragline all summer and quite happy with it. The 8lb is 0.28mm diameter and Angling direct now stock 1000m spools for £9.99

Richard Bartlett

Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated Mark. I've respooled with 6lb DH Pro Match for now as I happened to have a spool. I'll see how it goes but it's expensive. I only get one spooling from a reel, takes about 115M to fill the Stradic 4000 with spool reducers. Could do with him selling it in bulk spools if it turns out to be OK.

That sounds as if you've picked up a part-used spool - Pro Match comes on 300m spools!
Excellent line though!

wetthrough

Reaction score
Thanks. Not sure where I got the 150M from. The one I have was from DH and is brand new. I'll check tomorrow. I used it today without any problems, so far so good. Checked and it is 300M. Still more than I like to pay though. Especially once you add postage if that's all you want.

Last edited:

GrayG70

Reaction score
I use Berkley Flouroshield. Its cheap line and works really good plus sinks well and very invisible in the water, works a treat, ive caught much bigger fish since switching from mono.