River Itchen Graying Day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
B

Bully

Great news Kevin - any other drop outs?? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifNot that I want to go or anything!

K

Kevin Perkins

Hi Bully

I have to say I felt a bit of a fraud asking to go in the first place, didn't like the thought of denying a 'proper' angler a place on a trip like this.....Don't mind blanking at somewhere like Clattercote, but this fish-in probably deserves better than the like of me

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Oi Kevin don't you dare!

You're as good as the rest of us and don't you doubt it, anyone can do it on the day! It's a shame you can't make it mate.

Windy

Reaction score
Does this mean I am number 4 reserve ????? Yay. Takes me back to my schooldays that, always the last reserve no-one ever wanted..... Crossing fingers for further promotion, not that I'd wish ill on anyone ahead of me, but.... !

Mithrandir

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Kevin Perkins * * * * * * * * wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Hi Bully

I have to say I felt a bit of a fraud asking to go in the first place, didn't like the thought of denying a 'proper' angler a place on a trip like this.....Don't mind blanking at somewhere like Clattercote, but this fish-in probably deserves better than the like of me</blockquote>

They let me go, and I am not a "proper" angler (whatever one of those is?).

Last year I was too ill to rove, so spent most of the day on the feeder, this year I will spend more time on the float, might even bring the centre pin out ( will do that quietly as it is a real cheapie, do not want the "proper" anglers seeing that!).

Specihunter

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mithrandir wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Kevin Perkins * * * * * * * * wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Hi Bully

I have to say I felt a bit of a fraud asking to go in the first place, didn't like the thought of denying a 'proper' angler a place on a trip like this.....Don't mind blanking at somewhere like Clattercote, but this fish-in probably deserves better than the like of me</blockquote>

They let me go, and I am not a "proper" angler (whatever one of those is?).

Last year I was too ill to rove, so spent most of the day on the feeder, this year I will spend more time on the float, might even bring the centre pin out ( will do that quietly as it is a real cheapie, do not want the "proper" anglers seeing that!).</blockquote>
no claudia lets you come so she has a chauffer.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

OkGuys, here's the up to date list:

1)Me

2)Geoff Furnival- P

3)Andy Nellist

4)John Huntley-P

5)Mike

6)Claudia

7)Nathan Walter-P

8)Neil Maidment

9)Rog Hill

10)Sash

11)Mark Hewitt

12)Mike Townsend

13)Peter J

14)Rich Drayson-P

15)Blankety-P

16)SPeci

17)Jeff Spiller-P

18)Steve Spiller

19)Wendi Spliier

20) Muffin

Waiting List

1)Christian

2) Wol

3) Brummie Willimas

4) Bully

5) Roach Mad

6) Windy

Could everybody who hasn't paid up please do so within the next couple of weeks max so I can sort out payment to the fishery.If you cannot make it, please let me know so someone on the waiting list can come along.

Thanks.

B

Bully

.........and Nige, I am off for a weeks skiing tonight, so if there are more drop outs and I get the chance, give me 10 days to pay?

K

Kevin Perkins

Nigel et al

Sorry, the reason I gave for pulling out was a little flippant (from me, there's a thing!)

I've just been waiting for positive newsover a family matter which was causing some concern

My poor dear old mother (81 years young- bless her)had a bad fall on New Year's Eve and has smashed her knee cap and split her tibia.

She will be hospitalised for the next 6 weeks (complete rest and intensive physio) and my weekends will be taken up with doing the 300 mile round trip to visither

So, I wish all those going good luck for the day, and I will do my best to get along to next year's Fish-In, should there be one

Windy

Reaction score
Yeee haaaaaa I'm finally the one and only Number 6 ! I've always loved that programme and my uncanny resemblence to the incredibly stylish and handsome Patrick McGoohan - back when I had hair that is. And 8 stone less. And... Oh hell. Damned wishful thinking.

Kevin, levity aside, wish her the best recovery possible. Not all is gloom in the NHS these days, my mother (a lady of a similar age) fell and broke her hip 6 months ago and the job they have done fixing her up and remobilising her is nothing short of brilliant. So look on the bright side and take her for a walk along the riverside in due course for her much needed physio. The fact that you are carrying a spinning rod and pike lure by her side is a mere coincidence.... /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Specihunter

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader><blockquote class=quoteheader><blockquote class=quoteheader>Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

...James, do want me to bait your hook for you on the day too???/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Try here Lower Itchen Fishery </blockquote>
oh go on then and i will hold youto it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote></blockquote>

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Nigel,

I take it the P alongside the name denotes "paid". I sent you payment via paypal, can you just check whether you've received it. Cheers.

Rog

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Roger, updated paid list below.Apologies for leaving you off.

1)Me

2)Geoff Furnival- P

3)Andy Nellist

4)John Huntley-P

5)Mike-P

6)Claudia -P

7)Nathan Walter-P

8)Neil Maidment

9)Rog Hill -P

10)Sash

11)Mark Hewitt

12)Mike Townsend

13)Peter J

14)Rich Drayson-P

15)Blankety-P

16)SPeci

17)Jeff Spiller-P

18)Steve Spiller

19)Wendi Spliier

20) Muffin - P

Waiting List

1)Christian

2) Wol

3) Brummie Willimas

4) Bully

5) Roach Mad

6) Windy

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Game on!

I'll PayPal you or get a cheque to you Nigel, I'll also get Wend to knock up some name badges /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Can't wait to catch some of those impossible to photograph grayling /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Catching the impossible.............

How do we photo them???? Flippy little buggers!!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Kevin, I hope your mum makes a speedy recovery.The fishing will always be there.