River Itchen Graying Day

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
R

Richard Drayson

This time next week eh guys and girls /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. Let's hope we don't get any more rain, snow, hail, sleet etc etc.

Is there a prize for the best specimen on the day or a kitty for the best catch???

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep can't wait, the forecast is looking good.

Dunno about a prize Richard? I think Nigel normally has a whip round for the ACA though.

R

Richard Drayson

Forecast for the day from uk.weather.com
transparent.gif

Max Temp
6°C
Light Rain WindFrom West at 10 kmph Maximum Humidity86%UV Index1 Chance of Precip.60%Avg. High.9°C Record HighN/A Sunrise07:06

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Guys,

Link with directions to the fishery below.

We will have access to the fishing cottage(on your left as you drive in)where I will be doing sausage butties from 0730 onwards.

Access to the fishery is from 0830

I presume we will have access to the upper salmon beats as per normal.I'll bring maps for anyone who needs one, showing where we can and can't fish.

If anyone wants any tips who hasn't fished there before drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help.

Itchen Directions

See you on the day.It should be tip top by then.

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Looking forward to it Nigel, fingers crossed for the weather this year.

Is that correct that they have banned fishing in the car park as it is regarded as very unsporting ?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

i'll be fishing the weir from Friday night, can i have an egg with mine Nige, fanx /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I was told no fishing from the front car park (Where the offices are) from Monday to Friday. Thats so the office workers don't have to look at us scruffy things I presume.

Can't wait. I've reserved a few pegs lads so good luck.

Ps No Chelsea tractors allowed!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Fanx for the tip-off again Wol......... I couldn't believe my luck when Wendi told me /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

I've still got some of those secret boilies at the ready /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Can't wait Nigel, I reckon it's gonna be a good un this year.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hahaha

I put 4 bags in the Avon on a roach pre-baiting campaign, but yep still got 6 bags to get rid of.........

Errr.......I mean use up..........

If Mike asks me nicely I might let him have a bag..........

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

what you mean you aint on the latest, PM and i'll tell ya

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
PM me and I'll tell ya what Andy really caught the barb on!

/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif(Nigels left over sausage) /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Hahaha

I put 4 bags in the Avon on a roach pre-baiting campaign, but yep still got 6 bags to get rid of.........

Errr.......I mean use up..........

If Mike asks me nicely I might let him have a bag..........</blockquote>

You're supposed to take them out of the bag first!

Itchen is looking really good for the weekend. Still a tad high but will be good on Saturday, colour dropping out fast and very little rubbish coming down. Tread carefully guys and gals, the floods have undercut the banks in various places.

Have a good day!