Rod license

ludlow86

Reaction score
Hi all. This may sound stupid so please excuse my naivety. Do I need to buy a rod license if I am fishing on a commercial lake?

I might be wrong but thought a rod license was only required for river fishing not private.

I'm off to flaxlands in Wootton Bassett tomorrow and don't want to be caught out.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ludlow86

Reaction score
Yes you will need a rod licence. Nip down the post office and get a one day licence....
Thanks Peter. It's been so long since I've been out. Just thought I would double check

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Thanks Peter. It's been so long since I've been out. Just thought I would double check

You'll need a national rod license for all freshwater coarse fishing wheather it's on, gravel pits, lakes, ponds, commercials, canals and all rivers and streams,

You'll be able to get a one day license for when you next go fishing but is also worth noting that as of April the new licenses will be issued and you'll be far better off in purchasing a yearly license from yer local post office which is not terribly dear :thumbs:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you think you can get away with it just go fishing and feccck 'em :).

ludlow86

Reaction score
If you think you can get away with it just go fishing and feccck 'em :).
That's not my intention Tigger. I would happily pay if I know I had to.

ludlow86

Reaction score
Cheers chaps. Will purchase the day license for tomorrow. Although weather looks pretty bad ?

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Hi all. This may sound stupid so please excuse my naivety. Do I need to buy a rod license if I am fishing on a commercial lake?

I might be wrong but thought a rod license was only required for river fishing not private.

I'm off to flaxlands in Wootton Bassett tomorrow and don't want to be caught out.

Cheers

This is my local commercial , if after carp go on the lake with no islands and fish close in near reeds or bushes or cast across to other side near the trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ludlow86

Reaction score
This is my local commercial , if after carp go on the lake with no islands and fish close in near reeds or bushes or cast across to other side near the trees

Cheers for the info. Will check it out

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
That's not my intention Tigger. I would happily pay if I know I had to.

Absolutely mate, ain't worth the risk for the sake of literally a few quid :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Five pence would be to much for me to pay willingly :)

I know mate, I know that you don't like to buy em :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm dead against the rod license but at the end of the day it really isn't worth not having one in this day and age....:mad:

Last edited:

yorkieman

Reaction score
I bought my first license last August and I assumed it lasted one full year.

Running from April - April then ?

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Cheers for the info. Will check it out

It is slow at the minuite for carp due to weather , but if you go with a float rod and waggler and fish up in water with maggots you could go for roach

Keith M

Reaction score
I think I read that one of the changes this year is that from this year onwards the rod licence will actually last a full year from the date it was bought.

Plus another change is that there will be a two rod licence and a three rod licence so if you do use 3 rods you no longer have to buy two two rod licences like you did before.

Note: It is a rod licence licensing you to use 2 or 3 rods; its not a fishing licence so where you fish in England and Wales is irrelevant. Even if you use a rod and line to catch fish in your own back garden you still need a rod licence I'm told.

Keith

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The EA are really takin' the urine, I mean what about people that only use one rod? There are lots of them and the EA know this, that's why they deliberately don't issue them, thieving......