Simon (Peter Crabtree)

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
I am very interested, but it would be dependant as to where and when, not everyone can just gad off for a week for any number of reasons, even a long day has to be negotiated in my case(my son), not so long ago I would have gone fishing on the Saturday after returning from holidays on a Friday, not this year, my back is killing me, the logistics of going fishing for a few hours and travelling hundreds of miles do not compute....

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
A lot depends on the day as we will be staying with my son and his tribe in Ilkley for a couple of weeks in September then going on holiday to somewhere warmer..............

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
As would I Ian, though fishing for grayling may interest me, but being stood for hours, or roving would not...

nottskev

Reaction score
I'm sure Mark didn't mean we were "not interested" in a bad way. Nobody wants to keep posting about health conditions, but the reason I don't readily sign up for things is that I really can't predict what days in the future I'll be up for fishing or driving a couple of hundred miles. I've done lots of fishing this season, but I've also had to cancel several things I wanted to do: take the car to France to see a mate who's now doing up a house on a riverbank, visit friends in Manchester and North Wales. Having to play it by ear, I don't like to make arrangements I can't be sure to keep.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
To do Simon’s memory justice the venue ought to be one stuffed with silvers.

The LIF is very nice but it’s an awful long way for many and a lot of money for a days fishing. My endearing memory of the “Iron Man” would be a freezing cold January day with sleet in the wind on the GUC near Berkhampsted armed with a dozen pinkies and an eggcup full of squatt. It wouldn’t bother Si in the slightest.

Clattercote or Boddingtons would suit. I’d organise it but I cannot do it atm and the last fish in I organised I ended up out of pocket due to a number of people not paying me after I’d booked and paid for the venue. In the circumstances you will understand my reluctance to volunteer

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
The roach venue where you all got drowned would be the one that Simon would have loved I'm sure, Boddington wasn't it?

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
Electronic money transfer into the organisers account would be best I would imagine...

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
You can have the mud pigs....a day's roach fishing on the waggler would be nice...

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
The place is the Bermuda Triangle of roach fishing.
IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

The same place and day with only four hours difference. Some nice roach in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk