Taking Ourselves Too Seriously?

S

Steve Baker

The witch hunt bit was just a tounge in cheek way to finish the message! I have already said i got the wrong end of the stick in regards to the regulars.

Graham i dont blame you for asking about my comment, as i shows that you care about the site and the members.

Some of the quotes i used in my reply were perhaps not representaive of the whole forum. But perhaps i got a bit defensive!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Let's just forget about it Steve. We'll have a drink if ever we meet up. And I'll buy it if I don't forget my wallet.

P

Paul Williams

Steve,
I think you have just been elected into a very select club "The brotherhood of the promising wallet".......it has a fine list of select members! ;)

D

Dave Johnson

what about the 'promised steaks' in the Kestrel......club?
as I remember correctlythere was Coops, Rik,Stu J,Brummy, Jase and me on the Dove last summer as Graham landed a 10+ fish....

unfortunately over a large lunch and glass of wine he had reminded everyone about the 'double rule'-----steaks all round in the Kestrel.......still waiting.....

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Guy's, don't bother with the campaign to benefit, even slightly, from the contents of Graham's wallet. I am a member of an even more select group that he's actually bought a drink for. And I wish I wasn't!

It was on the boat to France last year. Whenever we visited him in his peg over the next week all he would utter was "?18 bloody quid that round, ?18 bloody quid!"

After a while all you can hear in your head, even as you are trying to drop off to sleep at night, is Graham's voice "?18 bloody quid that round......" Torture!

G

Gary Wilson

I seem to have joined this discussion as it has ended, but I am 100% behind Steve.

The only humour this website ever see's, is when someone is cracking a poor joke about showing Wendy their maggot, or somthing equally as houmerous. Ha Ha.

All Steve has done is voiced his opinion, like we all do, and he's been persecuted.

Graham : As for your earlier comment of "Ah well, there's always one", please make that 2. Myself and Steve might be in the minority, but we're entitled to our opinion.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion Gary and no one has said otherwise. If I thought you weren't entitled to it I would have deleted Steve's and your message. But I have the same privelege of being entitled to my opinion too, which is why I disagree with you.

Steve wasn't persecuted. I invited him to explain his remarks because I was concerned and, as you would expect, other FM members had their say too - because they are entitled to their opinion.

But, at your request: "Ah well, there's always one or two."

Incidentally, I've done a search through the forum and can't find any jokes or any attempt at humour from you Gary. Steve told us a good joke last night
<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=4&UTN=3367&SP=&V=1&cp=9>here</A>, so how about one from you Gary?

After all, in light of your comments it's the least you can do to help us get on the right track.

P

Paul Williams

NO! Gary is right!.....it's all Wendys fault!.....we should ban her....and all Stuarts and all Carp anglers, multi rod anglers, livebaiters, wallets, ban em! ban em all i say!!

S

Stuart Johnson

Here, Here Paul, off with their heads, oops my name is Stuart

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Cakey, lets face it, you go without saying. I think you should be banned for life, not just from here but from fishing itself. I speak on behalf of all the anglers on here and all the anglers who had the pleasure of emptying your ‘Colostomy Bag’ whilst fishing with you. Once bitten, twice shy as they say, I done it once for you mate, but never again!

Dear All, take this as a warning, If cakey asks you to go fishing with him, remember one thing, his intention is for you to carry his tackle and every two hours or so, empty his bag for him.

Rik will confirm this, he’s had to do it twice. Right Rik?

C

Cakey

Len did offer but he didnt turn up.
Must add that I out fished Rik both times !!

P

Paul Williams

Colostomy bag?......he told me he gave that to you for lunch Stuart......said he told you it was boil in the bag beef and carrots and you scoffed it like a good en!!!!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
don’t know what youre talking about Paul, it wasn’t me, and i’m not admitting to anything, it wasn’t me, no way, honest.

Damn, foiled again!(he’s got a big mouth)

After the upset yesterday Paul, I'm not sure if I trust one of your birianis now! :)

G

Gary Wilson

Ok Graham you asked for it, here are my best 2 fishing jokes ever :

Two fishermen are out sea fishing in a tiny boat. All of a sudden a huge hand emerges from the water on the horizon, it leans all the way over to the left, and then all the way over to the right, before silently slipping back below the surface. "Christ," says one fisherman, "did you see the size of that wave?"

A fisherman is sorting through his catch on the edge of the bank when a man sprints up to him, obviously in distress. "Help me please, " he gasps. "My wife is drowning and I can't swim." He points out to a distant figure, pathetically splashing around 100m from the bank."Please save her, I'll give you ?100 if you do!" Nodding, the fisherman dives into the water. In a few powerful strokes, he reaches the woman, puts his arm around her and drags her back to shore. "Ok, where's my hundred?" says the fisherman. "Look," replies the man, "when I saw her going down for the third time I realised it wasn't my wife, it's the mother-in-law." "Just my luck,"replies the fisherman, "how much do I owe you?"

Now if ever there was a competition coming up for the best fishing jokes on this Forum ever, the 2 most miserable contributers, ie: me and Steve, are winning hands down already!!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
gary, you keep on referring to Steve. Have you got one of those special relationship thingys going on? if so, have you got any good pictures? hahaha

If thats the best you can do with jokes Steve, then ban him centurian, and give him a wite woyal thrashing!

G

Gary Wilson

Me and Steve know each other very well...those cold nights out fishing in our matching blue 'all in 1' thermal suits!! I'm sure Steve remembers the day just like yesterday...when we went night fishing on a lake in an area frequented with lots of dog walkers/joggers etc. We were both knackered at about 4am so we went to sleep on the bank for about 1/2hr. We woke up at 8.30am, our faces 1/2 an inch away from each others with loads of people standing round laughing at us!!