The Keith Culley Memorial Match Clattercote 16.5.09

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Sorry Evan, it needed reconstructing for this site. You'll now find it here.

PS, Picture of you snoozing on the platform is missing, sorry. It went astray and I no longer have it as it wasn't one of mine. I can tell you though, that the method you were photo'd using then will definitely NOT work if you want to win. :D

Windy

Reaction score
Thang yew zur....

And the 'alleged' photograph of me 'allegedly' sleeping on the boards was always plainly a photoshop forgery :wh. No wonder it has gone 'missing...'

Anyway, I was just keeping a low flat streamlined profile as a protection against that verdampte 40 mph gusting wind.... plus which I was touch ledgering, with the line wrapped around my right index finger.... my stories and I'm sticking to 'em.

and it was only a very little tiny bit of snoring....

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

PS. While we're sorting out techy stuff, why is it that the photo galleries / members galleries, whatever, when you click on the thumbnail, you get 'this photo is not in the database' or similar message.
My personal photos certainly have this problem, and although I can see the gallery and thumbnails via member gallerys I can only actually access the full size pics via my CP.... and the thumbnails on the member galleries still show pics I have in fact deleted.
Should I just abandon my original gallery and start a new one perhaps ? Simpler than someone having to reset lots of codes and links and stuff ?

Or does it need doing generally, as its not just my pics that seem to be afflicted.

Make the FM Techs work for their living for once....

windy-albums-windy-s-amusing-musings-picture1920-fm-staff-benefits-package.jpg

Only kidding guys :j Don't delete me, please please don't delete me....

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
And the 'alleged' photograph of me 'allegedly' sleeping on the boards was always plainly a photoshop forgery . No wonder it has gone 'missing...'

Anyway, I was just keeping a low flat streamlined profile as a protection against that verdampte 40 mph gusting wind.... plus which I was touch ledgering, with the line wrapped around my right index finger.... my stories and I'm sticking to 'em.

and it was only a very little tiny bit of snoring....

Huh, touch legering eh? Never seen that attitude for touch legering before.

DSCF1602_1_.JPG

How do you get the line into your pockets before it goes through the rod rings? Fascinating one that.
The article from last year is now FULLY restored. I always felt there was something important missing.

[/COLOR]
Make the FM Techs work for their living for once....
Change your statement to singular please. :D You make it sound as if there's lots of him.

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
How do you get the line into your pockets before it goes through the rod rings? Fascinating one that.

Long deep pockets with no money in them to get in the way of the line run in and then out again. Loop around the index finger, if awake, loop around the testicle if planning on a little shut eye, sorted.....

I will be selling Welsh 'bite indication' trousers through the Armani site if there is a sufficient demand.

Nice wool lining too.

windy-albums-windy-s-amusing-musings-picture1917-baaaa.gif

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

You gotta love the unhooking mat folded up pillow beneath the head tho...

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
OK Guys for the happy few who are attending on Saturday, a recap of the details

The official draw time for the match on the Clattercote car park is 9:00(no later/no sooner Jeff!)

The start time for the match is 10:15(brought forward a bit as there is not too many Fishing)

Finish time 16:15

Presentation and refreshments in the pub at 17:00 onwards(Any know if Stuart is handing back the trophy??)

Details of the fishery + directions http://http://www.fisheries.co.uk/clattercote/index.htm

FISHERY RULES (Verbatim from the Clattercote Match Booking Form)

Two keepnets are required, one for carp and tench, one for silver fish (or one for carp and one for tench if not targeting silver fish)

Weigh-in mats will be provided by the 'on-site' bailiff together with instructions on weigh-in procedure

Nets must be staked out properly

When weighing-in please avoid damage to fish

NEVER place fish on platforms or boards

Barbless hooks only - maximum hook size 8

No braid is permitted as hooklength

All carp and tench must be land-netted. No swinging to hand

Waders will be needed when fishing later on in the year (ie, low water levels)

BREAKFAST will be in the Brasenose Arms in Cropredy from at 745.

If you are coming down the A423 from Southam then take the first left off the A423 after the Clattercote turning towards Cropredy and turn right at the bottom of the road at a T junction and then follow the road into Cropredy until you see the pub on your right.

If you are approaching from Banbury turn right at a sign I think for Great Bourton and Cropredy.Go through Great Bourton and follow the road into Cropredy.Bear left at the bottom and the pub will be on your left.

If anyone gets lost/has an emergency ring me 07818 232529

PRESENTATION ARRANGEMENTS

Same place from 17.00 ish after the match.Sausage and Chip nibbles.

Last edited:

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Stu will be there and well prepared to take the trophy back home.

Not too surprising that attendance is dwindling then is it?

If this is to continue to be FM's 'Premier Event' in the future, then surely a shake up is on the cards.......

Pairs drawn out the hat, more prizes, raffles, whatever, but to plagiarise a phase from the past 'Something must be done' or apathy will take it's course on this one

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Fair enough Graham, but it's a dwindling social get together, and where are any new faces? With 60,000 members, at least 1000 of them should live in Oxfordshire, so where are they, or perhaps more imortantly, what's the attraction for them.......???

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
Kevin,

I am more than happy to hand over the reigns to anyone who wants to give it a go but this year's match is what it is - a chance for a bit of a get together in a nice venue with the chance of a big kipper or two and a pint afterwards.

I work 12 hour days and have 2 young kids so I do not have the time to turn it into Fish a Mania.

Windy

Reaction score
Interestingly, looking up Clattercote on Wikipedia reveals that:

"The Priory [of St Leonards at Clattercote] seems to have had a leper's pool in which inmates were bathed. Remains of a paved walk around the former pool have been discovered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clattercote#cite_note-Crossley-0By the 18th century the leper's pool was known as the "great fish pond".

So we are fishing a leper infected water :eek:

Gulp.

And the idea of a paved / timbered walk constructed around the pool isn't new or modern either. Well I never....

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
I work 12 hour days and have 2 young kids so I do not have the time to turn it into Fish a Mania.

Nigel
I have nothing but respect for anyone who organises anything, I've done enough events over the years to know it's a thankless task.

There's a very special prize for the BIGGEST fish. And a draw for Grahams Buggy/Barrow in the pub

Well, that didn't drag them out of the woodwork, did it?

Morespiders

Reaction score
I dont mind Stu winning it every year, he always looks poor and ramshackled, so i dont mind him taking my money, helps to keep him looking reasonable looking:D

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I dont mind Stu winning it every year, he always looks poor and ramshackled,
Scruffy too, never has a shave. I must take him a spare razor this year. He'll appreciate that, I expect.

Originally Posted by Jeff Woody View Post
There's a very special prize for the BIGGEST fish. And a draw for Grahams Buggy/Barrow in the pub

Kevin -
Well, that didn't drag them out of the woodwork, did it?

I honestly think that whatever we do Kevin just will not suit you so I don't know what to do next. Seems these days you only have criticisms for FM and no praise. I have now given up.