The Keith Culley Memorial Match Clattercote 16.5.09

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
S

Shrek

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I cast out a marker float to where I wanted to fish and then fed the swim with catapulted groundbait for that first 15 minutes. Then I cast my method feeder to the marker and clipped up.</blockquote>Isn't that classed as using two rods at the same time, something which is a big NO-NO in match fishing?

Morespiders

Reaction score
He was being devious anyway, he told me on the way down, sweetcorn wasnt allowed, so he said give me it, I will eat it instead of it going to waste.

Can't be trusted

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Shrek only fly fishes so what do you expect?

And Spiders is Spiders, nuff said
smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Always got an answer hav'nt you!!, and those 25mm boiles you told me to fish with were crap

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Articles on the method often advise that you settle on a distance short of your casting capacity in case the wind gets up later.AdviceI was aware of but for some reason I ignored on Saturday/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif</blockquote>

I didn't ignore it I just never expected it to get any stronger than it did when we started. More fool me/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Morespiders wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Always got an answer hav'nt you!!, and those 25mm boiles you told me to fish with were crap</blockquote>

I won't mention the peanuts you used then, and the two hooks, which you used even though I told you they were banned.

And that's a FACT/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
I knew about the two hooks plan....which is why I bet the house on a Spiders win!

(He made me swear not to tell...or he'd publish the video of me fly-casting at Press Manor...he's been offered a lot of money for it by some bald bloke called Hill)

Fortunately I came across a little red headed pixie called Hazel who had a property she wanted shot of quick.

Poshers M.P.

Reaction score
I took my marker rod with a view to doing exactly the same as Graham, but changed my mind at the last and clipped off two rods to the same distance before even looking at the peg.

I caught fish because it was easier to be accurate but if I had stuck with plan A, I am sure I would have done better.

I used maize for hookbait because it's more durable, but equally it's not as brightly coloured as corn and I do find bright baits at their best in early summer.

Clattercote is an ever unfolding puzzle... and a great laugh to boot!

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I have no worries using method feeders with a good sticky mix of Vitalin or pellets for carp and barbel, it's when it's just groundbait on those little flat feeders I worry it's all clouded off on the way down.

I did consider a small pellet on the method approach after seeing it in some magazines but decided against it being as the method masters of Clattercote /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif always use groundbait.

Maybe I'll give it a go next year.

S

Shrek

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Shrek only fly fishes so what do you expect?</blockquote>

I vaguely remember in the dim and distant past, reading and article in Anglers Mail, when Dave Whatshisname was practising on the cut for a match and used his pole to ship out his waggler set up on a rod (with the bale arm open) so he could fish VERY tight into the far bank. He said at the time that if he did this in the match he would be disqualified.

I would have thought what Mr "cast like a woman" Marsden did would have been akin to the same thing.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"Mr "cast like a woman" Marsden"

Thats not all he does like a woman .........