The next record Perch?

The Sogster

Reaction score
Some good points from Grayson, especially with regards to waters where spinning/ lure fishing is possible.

The local canal is hammered with lure anglers, the ones with no net and a carrier bag. Whereas the water I referred to in an earlier post doesn't allow spinning.

Reaction score
Very often the lure 'anglers' with a bag and no net don't worry if spinning is allowed,so unless you have bailiffs who are bouncers,little will be said,often.....

John Aston

Reaction score
Light lure fishing I find as addictive , and often as effective as my first love of fly fishing . Takes are most likely on your first cast into unfished water ,you keep on the move all day and you are constantly busy and engaged . Shame it has become so trendy among idiots.

Kinggizzard

Reaction score
How is the Leeds and liverpool canal for big perch . I am looking for waters to find them with light tactics . Wigan area

Kinggizzard

Reaction score
Phone Coppull Angling or any Wigan tackle shop. Also phone Leigh Tackle and Bait .
These tackle shops will have the information you need

Not sure why I didn’t think of that . Just trying to find out if there is plenty in there has you can get day ticket for the a very large part of the canal .

corixa

Reaction score
I see a lot of young anglers drop shotting and lure fishing for predators on the canal. They aren't fishing for the pot. I find it quite refreshing they're not obsessed with bloody Carp.

Philip

Reaction score
Whats wrong with Carp ?

I get pretty annoyed with what appears to be a new breed of rubber shad chuckers who seem to think wandering round a lake and casting into any swim regardless of if someone else is fishing there is perfectly ok.

Had one yesterday complete with float tube. Paddles INTO my swim and then asks if its ok to have a few casts.

corixa

Reaction score
Whats wrong with Carp ?

I get pretty annoyed with what appears to be a new breed of rubber shad chuckers who seem to think wandering round a lake and casting into any swim regardless of if someone else is fishing there is perfectly ok.

Had one yesterday complete with float tube. Paddles INTO my swim and then asks if its ok to have a few casts.
Nothing wrong with Carp. A lot of the younger generation seem to think that they are the only fish worth bothering with though. I too have had the problem of a drop shotter in a canoe stopping right over my swim and fishing. Needless to say he soon moved. Unfortunately the damage was already done.

theartist

Reaction score
I don't think lure anglers passing through damage a swim too much although it is mighty rude if they cast in your swim, knobs have various guises some chuck a lure, some are after carp, and a fair few walk dogs and cycle. I've had good fishing on wag and mag straight after lure anglers have been in a swim, most of which are good to chat too and respect boundaries.

I tend to talk to the ones who have landing nets as that's always a give away, those who drop shot would be wise to engage with those match/pleasure fishing as they then will find the perch spots quicker.

A foreign chap came up to me once, no net but friendly, proceeded to tell me in pigeon English my hook was too small, I found it quite funny and it goes without saying I didn't tell him what I had already caught that day.

John Aston

Reaction score
Fishing is fishing - chub on fly , carp on lure whatever , it is all fun. But I will confess to not owning a bivvy nor having used a bite alarm since Tony Blair was in Number Ten