Torquay Tinca Tamers

preston96

Reaction score
Good luck fellas............i cant face a bank hol weekend down the entire length of the M5

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
So what date is it ?
Only just seen your thread Steve.
Bank holiday's are ok, if you travel at night.
I be there mate, just need to check the date.

slb

Reaction score
OK, interest so far:

Slime Monster (local)
****y
Lunghi Jim
Paul Williams 11
JK
Steve Spiller (and Wendi?)
Jeff Spiller
Muffin
Tewton (local)
Morespiders
Rickrod
Peter Crabtree
Peter Jacobs

I'm quite happy to go with any of the dates, let's reach a majority view.
Bank Holiday - problems with transport/accommodation
5th/6th June - not all lakes available due to an all-night match (probably best pegs not free!)
12th/13th June - too close to start of river season

So we'll let a few more express an interest and then I'll PM all those on the list to express a date preference and we'll move on to stage 2: booking tickets for those who can make the date.

Last edited:

J K

Reaction score
Steve,

I would appreciate the names of any campsites where I can park a motorhome or the post code / address of the fishery so I can look up some myself.

slb

Reaction score
Ta sagalout

Finlake is the other side of Newton Abbot and there may be some more between Newton Abbot and Totnes that I can find. It would be nice to have everyone fairly close together though.
Widend is another option for camping etc. They are on 01803 550116 and they do allow children. After that, it may mean moving a little further out of Torbay.

preston96

Reaction score
You lads stick with the bank hols....dont change it for me.....the other weekends are as pointed out a little flawed.

slb

Reaction score
You're not the only one to question the bank holiday weekend, so let's go with getting the list together and then seeing which weekend is preferable to most...

sagalout

Reaction score
Can't see your name on the list Andy....
Yeah I know. It's a long way to travel, it must be nearly 10 miles. I ain't decided yet, specially as it's a bank holiday w/e, anyway coz I are a member :eek: I can turn up and fish, or just wonder around annoying people :p.

I might wait till I know what the best peg is this year, then turn up at 4 in the morning to fish it :wh.

Baggy ain't signed up either, so ner ner ner ner ner.

Last edited:

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Much as I would love to make this it is a 600 mile round trip and a single journey time of 5 1/2 to 6 hrs if the roads are good. A bit too much for a weeekend.

Reaction score
5th/6th June - not all lakes available due to an all-night match (probably best pegs not free!)
12th/13th June - too close to start of river season

Hi Steve,

I think it might be easier to just pick the date and then see who can come.

Bank hols is a nightmare, the match day would be cr*p, so why not just go for 12th/13th June and see how many can make it?

Just a thought, in my experience of organising a fish-in, it's better to be decisive.

Can't wait for some quality tenching :)

slb

Reaction score
Need a preferred date from Peter Crabtree and Lungi-Jim and I'll then start to organise for the majority preference.
Looking at either 29th/30th May or 12th/13th June

Reaction score
Put Jim down for the 12th/13th matey.

It's gonna be a great weekend.

It's so nice planning a tench adventure when it's still so bloomin freezing!

A perfect summer dawn, mist rises off the water as golden light heats the water, a perfectly shotted float lifts gently before sailing away into the depths...

Ah! Tinca heaven!

Last edited:

slb

Reaction score
Of those who expressed a preference, the majority were in favour of 12th/13th June so that is the date we'll go with.
I'll start a new post over the next week to firm up dates, times, prices etc and get a complete list of attendees.

mcdejer16

Reaction score
Yeah I know. It's a long way to travel, it must be nearly 10 miles. I ain't decided yet, specially as it's a bank holiday w/e, anyway coz I are a member :eek: I can turn up and fish, or just wonder around annoying people :p.

I might wait till I know what the best peg is this year, then turn up at 4 in the morning to fish it :wh.

Baggy ain't signed up either, so ner ner ner ner ner.

Hey, only seen this thread today so ner ner ner ner back to you! :w and it's too far for me to travel the 500 yards :wh

Mister Lockett, you can count me in.

Mark