Which Digi Camera?

S

Sean Meeghan

Hi Codfather. I've got an A640 which has the same lens as the A630 and so far I've not been disappointed with the pictures. The only slight moan is that it hasn't got a remote, but the self timer works fine for the odd self take shot.

Lens quality is more important than mega pixels in a compact digital. Have a look herefor the best reviews

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
After much research I recently boughta Fuji F31fd (fd = face detection) and it is fantastic. The pictures are superb,you can manually set just about anything, great video and up to ISO3200. Battery life is massive - around 800 photos on a single charge.

Whilst compact in size the only downside is its weight -I guess that's because of the fact that it'spacked with technology.

Found it hard to find in the shops but it was around £150 on Amazon. I've always liked Fuji cameras and this oneis no exception. Love it.

C

Cakey

fujifilm-finepix-F31FD.JPG

Ed Marriage 3

Reaction score
Hello

There are some good deals around on the Olympus indestructable / water proof jobby.

http://www.campkinsonline.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/830/groupID/1/categoryID/9/v/4c3e5a2d-ce5a-43ea-81f2-0e235189f475

And they have anewer one availabletoo in some day-glowcolours. I'm eying one upbecauseI can never find my camera in my tackle bag and Ive duncked2 previous cameras.

http://www.parkcameras.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/7598/groupID/7/categoryID/35/v/e1171b0d-d6dc-48dd-9a09-721c9f9c9dd8

A little bit above budget I know.

Ed

C

Cakey

Ive been using THESEand saved a fortune .....................they are in hong kong though but they still beat uk shops ,takes about 4 or 5 days

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
Just noticed...but if you scroll down to the bottom of this website on theright is a list of other websites hosted by Magicalia. Under Lifestyle there is a camera site - and it has a forum! I guess this could prove useful...

C

Cakey

Ive been on that one and the gadget one which seems to have gone at the mo for about a year now ,they are very good on reviews

The Codfather

Reaction score
Well i have to say im currently torn between the canon powershot a630/a640 & the olympus c5060... only gripe with the olympus is it may be too bulky to be carrying wen im roving this winter, but on paper it sounds like a far better camera.

Dusty

Reaction score
Anything Canon (if you cannot afford Nikon - they are the best) . I have a Fuji Finepix S9500 witch is not as good as the S7000 whichmy son and eldest daughter have. I think this is down to the availability of anything less than f8 f stop therefore ruling out landscape photography because of the lack of depth offield. My son in law has a Nikon - it's an expensive camera and speaks for itself. My youngest daughter has a Panasonic Compact and my brother in law has Canon EOS and a Compact A?. The Canons wipe the floor with everything else (except the Nikon). So I have no reservations in recommending a Canon digital either new or second hand.Happy snapping! Dusty.

C

Cakey

C-5060 Wide Zoom features: <ul>[*]5.1-Megapixel CCD for images up to 2592 x 1944 [*]Olympus 4x Wide Angle Zoom lens with 27 - 110mm equivalent coverage [*]Stylish and rugged black magnesium alloy body [*]JPEG, TIFF and RAW image formats [*]Fully adjustable 1.8-inch color LCD tilts 180° and rotates 230° [*]3.0 frames/second burst in RAW or JPEG to 4 frames [*]1.4 frames/second burst in HQ up to 10 frames [*]Auto Exposure Bracketing, 1/3 EV, 2/3 EV and 1 EV, 3 or 5 images [*]iESP multi-pattern AF with Spot AF, Selective Spot AF, Full time AF and Manual focus (with gauge and LCD enlarged view) modes. [*]Macro focus and Super Macro focus down to one inch! [*]Digital iESP multi-pattern, Spot and Multi-point Spot metering modes. [*]Program AE, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority or full Manual [*]Shutter speeds from 16 secs to 1/4000 sec in Manual mode. [*]Noise Reduction minimizes background noise so you get high-quality images even in low-light situations [*]Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation is adjustable +/- 5 steps [*]Sepia mode, black & white mode, blackboard mode or whiteboard mode [*]ISO sensitivity: 80, 100, 200, 400 or AUTO [*]White balance: 8 presets (4 fluorescent) and one-touch custom [*]Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Red-eye reduction and Slow-sync modes [*]640x480, 320x240 QuickTime movies w/audio at 15 fps [*]Multiple media options: xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash Type I or II including IBM Microdrives [*]TTL hot shoe for Olympus external flash [*]Storage Class USB connectivity insures quick and simple image downloads to Windows XP, Me, 2000 or Mac OS 8.6+ computers [*]High-capacity Li-ion battery and charger included [*]PictBridge, Exif Print and Epson PRINT Image Matching II compatible [/list]