Lower Itchen Fishery - FM Fish'in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thanks to all those involved, Peter, Neil etc who organised this event.

Great fun, even though I didn't "go up top" with the crowd.

Great to meet so many FM'ers even though I'm rubbish with names. Thank you Mick B for pointing me to a good swim.

Nice chats with Ian, Gerry, Simon and Roger as well especially. Thanks Guys. Hoping for an invite to another Fish In - in the future.

Managed 11 different Itchen species. Anyone that didn't go and want to guess them all.....?:confused:

Graham

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yes, it was great to meet up again with a lot of familiar faces and a few new ones. Once again many thanks to Peter and Neil,.............. and the weather.
PS Graham, even though I went I'd still be floundering a bit on that one............:)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Well....as I was unanimously voted to write up the day's events unless you want the entire article to be "What Skippy & Neil did next" I shall need a few catch reports. Stick it on here or PM me if you prefer.

Not only was the fishing & company good,it didn't rain despite Noah being with us and I saw nothing remotely resembling a pole or Cralusso float. I did catch Ian creeping about with a double handled Stradic in pearlescent catspunk finish but other than that everybody was very well behaved.

Lot of sore backs today methinks [mine included]....though that's hardly surprising given the parties combined ages which I conservatively estimate at something around 750 ! :eek:

djd

Reaction score
Thanks to all those involved, Peter, Neil etc who organised this event.

Great fun, even though I didn't "go up top" with the crowd.

Great to meet so many FM'ers even though I'm rubbish with names. Thank you Mick B for pointing me to a good swim.

Nice chats with Ian, Gerry, Simon and Roger as well especially. Thanks Guys. Hoping for an invite to another Fish In - in the future.

Managed 11 different Itchen species. Anyone that didn't go and want to guess them all.....?:confused:

Graham

If you were below the weir I'd say

1) Roach
2) Dace
3) Chub
4) Gudgeon
5) Bream
6) Barbel
7) Trout
8) Salmon parr
9) Sea Trout
10) Grayling
11) Eel

Struggling to name 11 :eek:

Dave

djd

Reaction score
Crikey! A flounder.

Simon - of course, there's millions of those.

Revised list

1) Roach
2) Dace
3) Chub
4) Gudgeon
5) Bream
6) Flounder
7) Trout
8) Salmon parr
9) Sea Trout
10) Grayling
11) Minnow

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Dave. Excellent. But one needs swopping.........with something else.:eek:mg::p

S-Kippy, can you pm me your email address please and I will forward some pics and catch reportage.

Cheers

Graham

Last edited:

djd

Reaction score
Okay Graham.

How about

1) Roach
2) Dace
3) Chub
4) Gudgeon
5) Bream
6) Flounder
7) Trout
8) Salmon parr
9) Barbel
10) Grayling
11) Minnow

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've started the write up gents but I've a lot on this week so dont expect anything too soon.

Any more catch reports ? I'd really like to include as much about other people as I can or it really will be "What Skippy did next". I can't write about what I dont know.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've started the write up gents but I've a lot on this week so dont expect anything too soon.

Any more catch reports ? I'd really like to include as much about other people as I can or it really will be "What Skippy did next". I can't write about what I dont know.

It hasn't stopped you in the past..................;):D

mick b

Reaction score
It hasn't stopped you in the past..................;):D

That's not very nice.

Why injure a genuine offer from a decent bloke with a dig?

Just send S-Kippy your experiences of the day and hope he will still write it up for the benefit of one and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.