Reaction score
Using Pegs 18 to 48 - Car Park Bank

Neil
why arnt you using the earlier pegs in the deeper water

surely the fish go for the deeper water as the temperature drops

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Claudia has a PM!

But..... will she believe me? A 6oz whip, #24 hook to 12oz hooklength alongside the boards might need a bit of explaining once the carp move in!

What's the betting she gets 29 different pieces of advice??
:confused::D

That's not the advice you gave me Neil...you said 8oz gripper led, "2 meat hook and a 14ft beachcaster :-(...squid and ragworm as bait....ffss, can't trust anyone any more these days.

Thank you Mr Spiller, at least someone cares :) and don't worry I will have a whale of a time....sorting that cheeky Wolfman out lol ;-)...hope he can swim, sounds like he needs cooling down a bit ;-)

I'm sat here in front of my fishing gear and can't decide what to take...so nothing new there ;-)

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Claudia, you'll need a float rod or one of those poley thingies, a light feeder rod and a heavy feeder rod or barbel rod. Plenty of pellets, some method ground bait and some normal ground bait. Bring some maggots or casters as well and you should be OK.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

I've had a look at a reliable synoptic chart for Saturday. We should have light SW winds and the chance of a shower or 2 during the afternoon :)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Claudia, you'll need a float rod or one of those poley thingies, a light feeder rod and a heavy feeder rod or barbel rod. Plenty of pellets, some method ground bait and some normal ground bait. Bring some maggots or casters as well and you should be OK.

Thanks Sean....that's very much my plan...although I'm not sure if my 4oz heavy feeder rod would be 'man' enough?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Neil
why arnt you using the earlier pegs in the deeper water

surely the fish go for the deeper water as the temperature drops

As I couldn't be sure I would draw one of those flyers, then no-one can! But in truth, several of those early pegs are somewhat overgrown, OK for the few seasoned Clattercoters but for this event we need to be nice and close together!

Also see all the moaning and groaning about these early pegs back a few pages!

:p

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Last weekend it was quite clear under the rod tip. But I couldn't see a thing at the range I was fishing! When casting I eventually heard a splash but quite how far away that was I don't know! Might have been in the next county for all I know (certainly a few casts ended up in the next pegs so watch out if you draw next to me!)

:rolleyes:

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
To be honest with the mild weather I suspect the warmer water will be in the shallower end of the lake. Isn't it the case that the deeper water takes longer to warm up?A nice little draw in the 30s will suite me!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
You're a crafty get Neil! Casting to the horizon eh?

Stick to the gameplan Chavs, don't fall for Neils subtle tips!

It's still extremely mild (19 degrees today) the carp will still be having it...

Any Chav caught fishing under "the boards" will be severly repremanded and tourettes is no excuse! ;)

Nigel Connor

Reaction score
Neil,

Andy cannot post at the mo but wants breakfast.

Just a reminder to everyone that its 2 keepnets one for silver and one for carp,no hooks bigger than an 8, barbless only and no braid hooklengths.

Some of the platforms have clips for banksticks but some dont.There are holes in the platforms but you need something to stop the rests slipping all the way through.

Safe journey all.

---------- Post added at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

No boards for me this year Steve!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
AA route planners are about as reliable as an ashtray on a motor bike. When I first went to Clattercote I put Stowe on the Wold to Banbury into the AA one because I already knew how long it took me to get to Stowe but not from there to Banbury. The route it would have me follow entailed going from Stowe to Oxford then joining the M40 and exiting at Banbury :eek: which took longer than going from Lydney to Banbury and considerable further.

Satnavs are much better on the other hand, not only does it tell you exactly how far it is but it tells you what time you will arrive there, modern technology eh! Mine even acts as a hands free for my mobile phone, but I'm still looking for the button that makes the tea.