Aces vs Chavs 2009

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
That's very kind Claudia, I have not packed my maggot box or feeders now and I won't be back at my secret tackle storage cave before leaving tomorrow morning.

It is not a problem though, I have groundbait, feeders and plenty of hookbaits still.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get well soon Cakester, I was gonna catch some lives for you! ;)

See you all soon.

Come on the CHAVS!!! :D

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well, I'm all packed up and ready to set off after my coffee.......see you all there guys

COME ON YOU CHAVVVVVVVVVVVVSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Good Luck to you all, i hope everyone has a cracking day, and that you even manage to catch some fish.
Oh, and let's hope the weather is kind to you all.

Tight Lines :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Another fantastic day!

Met some new faces and caught some roach.

Thanks again for the organisation Neil a job very well done. What was that horrible contraption you were chucking out at the start? :D

Who's doing the write-up?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Thanks Neil, a lot of good work done by yourself, so whats the date next year???:D:D

Good to see new and old faces, and you don't get much older looking faces than Spiders.;)

Enjoyed the day, and a better venue than Gold Valley, well IMO.

Did anyone find my Loop rig I made for Matt, but lost in the car park??,,,:rolleyes:

Well done Neil, not just for the day, but on winning yet again.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done Neil for the organisation and then winning the day.

FM gatherings are truly great days; meeting up with old friends and making new ones as well.

The banter is always worth going for alone, especially if there is a THFC supporter along for the day - pity I was drawn too far away from Ray though.

Looking forward to the next FM day, but I really need to get hold of one of those electric trolly's that Graham's got, bl00dy marvelous it is!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Neil, congratulations both on winning for the third time and for putting the show on the road, you are so well practiced now we might have you do it all over again next year. :p

Achievement of the day must go to Peter Jacobs, two carp for thirteen pounds and caught directly in front of him on a 4lb line and we who fish Clattercote know just how hard it is to get a carp out from there on animal gear let alone roach gear, still got it eh! Peter.

I really don't understand why more members don't attend these fish-in/matches, the craic is great, the company is the best there is and the result isn't as important as the enjoyment, everyone knows the Aces are too good for the inexperienced youngsters anyway. :wh

S

Scott Whatmore

Congratulations to you Neil, not just for yet another superbly organised event but also for keeping up your winning performances. Very well done indeed sir!

Aces v Chavs has to be one of my fishing highlights of the year. The banter and competitive camaraderie is 2nd to none. Chavs 1-Aces 3 it is now. At this bloomin rate, the next time I win this I'll be an Ace LOL

Special mention to my neighbours on the day, Ray, Paul and Spiders. Thank you gentlemen !

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Scott,

All my pleasure young man, the banter is always great on this event. We were lucky we had the empty peg between use, or we would have had to fish open water for nothing all day.

Mr Jacobs Sir,
Well done on your two carp, I was going to come and see you during the match, but I had forgotten to bring my chainsaw, just a quick trim on your platform you understand, With you on it;):D, the gooners played well, nuff said.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Great day. Well done Neil on the organisation and the performance. You beat Spiders even though he was on a 3-hook loop rig:p

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
I'll just add my thanks as well Neil. A great day out.

Dad was worried that he would appear a complete numpty with his lack of experience but came away having really enjoyed his day out.

I was very tempted to push Peter in during the match (Arse* vs Spurs) but hey, it's only a game :)

slime monster

Reaction score
Well done Neil and thank you for your time and effort towards making the day a pleasure,great meeting new faces and spending more time with the mob I met at Blenheim, Special thanks to Graham Marsden who gave me the Fishing magic Cap OFF HIS HEAD !! shall I wear it or frame it ..can't decide,,great spending time with fellow nutters ie Spiders who I forgive for blanking..! Ray ,Steve Spiller oh and Claudia who I met for the first time ,pity the Bream did not want to play but we had a great day.
Cakey get well mate I will get to meet you one day and thanks to all who were there for making it a fantastic time .

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Just got back after a staying overnight. Although the fish didn't really play ball, we somehow managed to get the best of the weather considering the torrential rain on Saturday morning and then again overnight and this morning!

I've checked the results and The Aces still have it. I've amended the points to take into account the non attendees and the result is:

The Aces 231
The Chavs 220

The ACES take a commanding 3-1 series lead!

Two teams of 13 each, maximum of 26 individual points available in each section:

CARP:
Neil Maidment ACE 15lb 06oz
Peter Jacobs ACE 14lbs 05oz
Graham Whatmore ACE 10lbs 10oz
Paul Howarth CHAV 10lbs 09oz
John Macklin ACE 9lbs 02oz

SILVERS:
Nigel Conner CHAV 9lbs 07oz
Simon Fell CHAV 9lbs 00oz
Neil Maidment ACE 8lbs 00oz
Slimemonster ACE 7lbs 08oz
Andy Nellist CHAV 6lbs 08oz

INDIVIDUAL POINTS:
Neil Maidment ACE 50 points
John Macklin ACE 34 points
Graham Whatmore ACE 31 points
Simon Fell CHAV 25 points
Peter Jacobs ACE 25 points

The "central venue" is definately a big improvement, Clattercote was at its usual finnicky best and the pegging is very "sociable".

Thanks to all who attended.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done Chavs.

I'm not sure but I would think this is the closest contest yet? The Aces were cacking it at the weigh-in and Marsbar thought the Chavs had nicked it.

The points don't reflect how much of a grueller it was.....

26 rods and only 7 carp were caught, 6 by the Aces and a fine carp for Pikey Paul, the only Chav to get one! One more carp caught by a Chav and we would have won it! Hay ho that's fishing.....

Congrats to Neil, it was a fine display of angling again and you were a worthy hat-trick winner, all that practise paid off....

Hats off to Muffin, another fine catch of roach and one tench. Very impressive considering the conditions.

Roll on next year, I already know how I'm gonna fish it :wh