Aces vs Chavs 2009

John McLaren

Reaction score
I'm in Hitchin for a few days so got routes for Banbury - shortest is 57 miles but over 2 hours, quickest is 1 hour 47 and 73 miles! I'll come the same way as last time - 60 odd miles and just under 2 hours. It's the cross country bits that take the time, living on Merseyside I have to say I am spoiled by the motorway access I have - 2 miles to either the M57 or M58 which feed to the M6 South and North respectively makes travel to many venues pretty speedy.

Muffin

Reaction score
Is it true the rumour I've heard about this event:?

" The beer in the pub afterwards is all supplied by the captain of your team "

I am looking forward to proving that age is no match for youth and exuberance :) I may be proved to eat my words, but I guess thats better than eating Ron Clays hat!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Fred, I have a spare keepnet or two, see me at the draw.

I'm staying overnight at The Brasenose so will probably give the lake another go on Sunday if anyone fancies joining me!

slime monster

Reaction score
I will certainly join you for a pint Neil as I am at the same place,sunday is out for me and the forcast is not too clever.

The post code for the pub gives the address....the green ,hope that is right ,it is on google earth although I thought Station rd would have come up.....

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I will certainly join you for a pint Neil as I am at the same place,sunday is out for me and the forcast is not too clever.

The post code for the pub gives the address....the green ,hope that is right ,it is on google earth although I thought Station rd would have come up.....

Yes, you can't really miss it. The map on their site is "zoomable" and shows the location just off the end of Station Road. Its only a little village so you can't get lost....... can you?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Good luck to all of you tomorrow. Too far for me for a days/morning fishing. As it happens I'm taking Emmo to Snetterton tomorrow for his charity days fishing, after Pike and Roach. Never know might just hit into a nice Rudd, v rare but one of 3lbs 9oz caught earlier this year.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Rumour has it that Cakey is bringing Buddy as a bank runner!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Is it true the rumour I've heard about this event:?

" The beer in the pub afterwards is all supplied by the captain of your team "

The first round is usually supplied by the winner, this is what Graham has always done in the past ;)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
So if anyone slips on a turd and goes in head first we know who to blame...:wh

The times i have told Cakey not to do that, one day someone will give him a slap, Buddy is toilet trained.

BAD NEWS

Not joking, Cakey can not make it tomorrow.

He hasn't been well for most of the week, and has got worse as the week has gone on. So no turds laying around now.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
He is only whimping out because I said I would kick his butt :(

Get well soon Cakester, it's not going to be the same without you :(

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Yes, get well soon Mr Cakey.

--------------------------------------------

My tic-tacs for tomorrow have been limited now.

Nipped to two tackle shops on the way home from work and both were shut at 4.30 - so no maggots (the only bait I've ever caught a fish on at Clattercote).

Got home and checked my worm supply to find they've died in the space of a week - they were ok on Monday.

Never mind, I've plenty of alternatives to try :wh

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
No worries Paul....I share my maggots with you and I'm sure some of the others will too ;-)....see you in the morning...you can even have some of my casters if you like :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Another problem now, my mate has'nt come round with his scales yet, I am off to bed, but I still have mine, and will bring a set of Avons as backup.