Speci-hunter
Wendy
Mark H.
Posh Paul
Matty C.
Yacko

Celeb Chav(?)

It looks as though we may have to transfer a true ACE to even up the numbers:

"I managed 31 fish to a grand total of 148 3/4 pounds, 2 over 10lbs and 1 small Crucian."

(Page 5 of this thread!)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well looks like you will have to abandon the Aces and fish for the chavs Neil/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Not good at all....he might has to jump off last minute...can never tell from one day to the other how he is feeling......might need surgery/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Niel, i'll ring him today and find out for def, as far as i know he is. He's off to Spain on the Sunday though and was waiting to find out what his flight was.

Come on guys there is a space for 3 'young uns' i wonder if i can persuade Nick and Yoggy to join us, i'll give em a bell today.

Also Neil, are we doing the raffle again?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
No raffle this time Wendy.

If he is available, he can be a Chav for the day and that would mean The Aces will probably have two more than The Chavs (ring a bell?).

However, Mike is a bit doubtful and may have to pull out, that would leave it at 12/11.

I'm just off to give Syndicate Lake a go (it's cold and wet and the central heating has just kicked in for the first time this year!).

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Yes i'll gladly welcome him on my team /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

ring a bell????? Neil it's early and am being thick here mail me/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Have a great day today mate, let us know how you get on

J

John Huntley

Neil

Are method feecers allowed? There doesn't appear to be a specific mention of them being disallowed under the fishery rules. Don't want to win then be disqualified!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Les,

I am around, i knew the Chavs would do a runner, all talk these young guns.

Once they got wind of the Clark's master plan the nappies came out, but for some it was to much and they couldnt take it, so called it a day.

IS THAT A WHITE FLAG THE CHAV'S ARE FLYING????

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"Ring a Bell" The Chavs won the practice match in January because they had two more anglers than The Aces!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

John, method feeders are fine, they work well (I just can't fish the damn things properly!).

So then, todays episode was on the far bank of Syndicate Lake with most of the 20+ pegs in the match. It was very wet and cold but it fished well. The fish are well spread out:
  1. 84.00
  2. 74.10
  3. 72.00
  4. 67.08
  5. 63.12
  6. 48.06
  7. 43.12
  8. 42.12
  9. 40.00
  10. 32.00
  11. 32.00
  12. 24.08

I ended up with just 4 carp for 24.00 (3 on red maggot) and lost at least four others. I also added 8lb of "silvers" including a "proper" bream of 4lb+ anda fewdecent roach.

The 2nd place guy had 4 or 5 doubles up to 14lb and reckons to have lost at least 10 fish!

I think Saturdaywill be an interesting day!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
hahaha, les we will have that drink before we finish the chavs off for good./forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

Its down to what member of the aces will have the top weight, but thinking about it we might have the top 12 weights./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

C

Colin North, the one and only

Neil, Sue is only 47 but it will probably be toodangerous to lend her to the chavs, co's she does catch loads of fish.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Colin, the "age divide" is very flexible anyway (we actually have a few younger Aces!).

But, come Saturday, all will be sorted out.

Les/Ray, they have gone very quiet haven't they!!