barbel on the pole

• Thread starter DANNY BOY SMITH
  • Start date
L

Laurie Harper

Only a few days to go to the the close season. Time to polish up the old pole and head for my nearest commercial stillwater barbel fishery... can't wait

Lee Rackstraw

Reaction score
Barbel in stillwaters is a sad state of affairs. Puts a bend in the rod or pulls the elastic i suppose but not for me. Its all about getting the punters in i guess.

Lee Rackstraw

Reaction score
Ohhh and as for fishing for barbel on a river with a pole ok i guess for the smaller samples but i really dont think i'd like to be into a big beard clinging on to a pole trying to ship sections on and off as it tears about. What happens when you run out of sections and stretch in the elastic.

L

Laurie Harper

Oooooer. It was a jest chaps. As one of the first members of the BS, I wouldn't actually go near a commercial, especially one with barbel in it. I guess I'll have to preface posts with JOKE in big letters in future...

L

Laurie Harper

True, Tony. Suppose I should be grateful, really. Haven't had many this year... Roll on summer - balmy evenings, birds singing, leaves rustling in the gentle breeze, the scent of meadow flowers, the scream of the old centre-pin ratchet. No wonder they top themselves in Scandinavia if it's cold and gloomy like this for eight months every year.