Bargains. Let us know.

mikench

Reaction score
I like the sound of those rods Ray and all clearly great value. I’m sure Santa will oblige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no-one in particular

Reaction score
A Marco split cane Elasticine test rod 10ft-6in. I like this rod, needs a little bit of tarting up but all the features are sound, I might keep this one and do a bit of chub fishing with it. A Shakespeare1655-255 fly rod, got loads of fly rods now so this might go back to auction. A set of three how to catch series and where to fish 1952, I did not want that but got the bloke to throw it in with the others for £20. he wanted £8.50 each for the how to books and £8 for the where to book and the rods cost approx. £20 in auction so I think it was all not a bad bargain.
100_0543.JPG
100_0544.JPG

Reaction score
Not really a fit for this thread maybe,but last year I saw a mate using a Kodex folding barbel landing net,fancied one,only to find they had been discontinued,gutted,anyway,last week on fleabay I noticed one,new,unused,a ladies uncle had bought it,then unfortunately passed away,it was up for bids starting at £14.99,they retailed at around £24 I believe,put a maximum of the latter,but won it for the starting bid,RIP to the former owner and I hope to do it justice for him..

Sadly the above post has resulted in whitty being fleeced,on holiday I saw my mates net that was supposed to be identical,which wasn't,also the aluminium frame of my net is made of a soft grade and every time I net a fish over 5/6lbs it bends up,which results in me using my metalwork skills(sausage fingers)to reshape it back to its original format,yesterday's 9-11 barbel virtually destroyed it and has destined it for the bin,minus net and spreader block(if possible,another worry about fleabay...

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Lidl have some organiser boxes that clip together. Three in a pack with movable dividers. I bought a pack to store my lure bits in. They seem quite solid. At £9.95 for three they won’t break the bank either.
71565f4753465645796f63cc7f40363a.jpg

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Sadly the above post has resulted in whitty being fleeced,on holiday I saw my mates net that was supposed to be identical,which wasn't,also the aluminium frame of my net is made of a soft grade and every time I net a fish over 5/6lbs it bends up,which results in me using my metalwork skills(sausage fingers)to reshape it back to its original format,yesterday's 9-11 barbel virtually destroyed it and has destined it for the bin,minus net and spreader block(if possible,another worry about fleabay...

I’ve been using the Korum folding nets for a good while now and they are far stronger than they look at first glance. I have three and they have all held up well. The only down side is that when you fold them up the curved shape is a bu88er to carry about.

Reaction score
I have one Ray,two things i'm not keen on the first is its about eight inches too deep imo,causing issues in tight snaggy swims,second and most important to me the net sits funny at the hinge,which makes me only want to net fish one way up,shame really because i've had three korum nets previously and really liked them.

Wakou

Reaction score
I have just discovered this thread. A subject very close to my heart!
I have not yet read it all. But I would like to chip in this. As I am sure that we all agree, they are an essential for any angler. But, they can get lost/mislaid etc. At this price, you can buy 10 at a time, and even give them away to young persons on the riverbank who are not fully equipped!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have just discovered this thread. A subject very close to my heart!
I have not yet read it all. But I would like to chip in this. As I am sure that we all agree, they are an essential for any angler. But, they can get lost/mislaid etc. At this price, you can buy 10 at a time, and even give them away to young persons on the riverbank who are not fully equipped!
Please dont post about finding exotic angling books in charity shops or top range rods and reels for pennies at car boot sales or in job lot of tackle like a certain poster on here,?
No names .....But he is attempting a bodge up job on a rod he has acquired, and repaired a float that now looks like a painted twig.?
Good find on the forceps by the way ?