Bargains. Let us know.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Hard to go wrong with them really Mark. I think I've had mine 4 years now without any problems at all.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Are they breathable Gordon. ?
I know a few lads who fish for Woolston Legion have them,
They said they are good for the price,
I got the black soft touch jacket last year for fishing, it looks to good for fishing so I keep it in the car in case I need a jacket.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Yes, breathable. Your backside gets a bit damp if you're sat in a wet seat for hours but I think that would apply to almost any breathable wear. I've never been uncomfortable in mine. At the price they're probably unbeatable. I have a couple of their Crane thermal vests which are also good value. The vests seem a little short but I haven't found it a problem in practice.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Thanks Gordon,I should be fine about backside, I use a seatbox and not a chair, I will be at Aldi ready to see if they have them in. I may get another of the black soft touch jackets, this time for fishing, they are windproof and water resistant to an extent, Ideal as either on their own or under a waterproof coat as a type of base layer,
Branded ones such as PI and Daiwa are around £60.
I know a few lads who have the neoprene wellies ,they say they are just as good as branded name ones.and half the price.

seth49

Reaction score
As previously mentioned, Aldi’s fishing sale is next Thursday the 18 th, there’s mainly clothing again this year, the water proof suit, the soft shell jacket, hoodies, fleeces, and the neoprene whelly’s.

Also the Aldi tackle bag is back again this year. There’s a leaflet in Aldi now describing their sale items.

seth49

Reaction score
You must have a different website, no catalogues on mine, just that I’ll be able to see these items from Sunday as usual.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
You must have a different website, no catalogues on mine, just that I’ll be able to see these items from Sunday as usual.
Maybe I’ve got special access that is only available to VIPs?

Either that, or perhaps, just perhaps, you haven’t looked properly?

seth49

Reaction score
Well if it on the app I’m using, I can’t see it, and I’ve checked all the options available.l

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Good morning, just got back from Aldi after buying the black jacket and bib n brace, and a softshell jacket, ( I already have a softshell for knocking around in)
I tried the jacket on when i got home ,I bought the large size 42" - 44" chest.
It has a YKK zip, it's not a double zip as on some jackets, this is covered by a velcro fastening flap, 4 front pockets, 1 inside pocket, Padded interior.A zip on fleece lined hood to complement the fleece lined collar,
Very warm, it buttons up to just below the nose, head and face would be protected in the wind/ rain.
Neoprene cuffs but no adjustment for those, only cuff adjustment is on main sleeve.
It sits on the hips with a slightly longer back to cover lower back.The are no reinforced shoulder patches, so carrying rod holdall and carryall could be awkward with them slipping off shoulder,
Apart from finding it warm , I felt it was slightly restrictive casting or fishing a pole, I tried turning around while sat down and also lifted arms up as if casting.
For the price £26.99 it is good value, but it was the minor niggles about shoulder patches, one way zip and slight restriction that made me fold it back up and take it back,
I didnt bother opening the bib n brace. £24.99
Also softshell jacket going back £19.99, I dont need the extra one now.
I think a larger size in jacket would have been too big .
So at the moment i will stay with Preston Innovations DF 12 and layer up if needed.

Newsh

Reaction score
Are you taking the bib n brace back too? I had a quick look at the bib n brace and the neoprene boots in Aldi last night. Boots looked cheap and cheerful but didn't have my size, and the bib n brace was folded in the card pack so couldn't really see if it looked decent.

Didn't bother in the end, just ended up buying unhealthy snacks instead.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I took the lot back . The bib n brace was padded and would have been warm, ideal for early spring or autumn days,For the price of around £50 for coat and bib n brace its seems decent value, you pay for what you get.
Some years ago ,I had a Sundridge suit, the Aldi one was similar apart from outer material. The Sundridge was very warm, brilliant autumn/winter suit. They make them for Daiwa now. And for the extra £30 or so if you want a decent suit go for the sundridge/Daiwa.
As for the boots, I know a couple of blokes who have them, they say they are good, but are a bit clumpy around the sole.
Like I said for now I will stick with DF12, ideal for days when it's not too cold, if cold I put a pair of fleece joggers on under it and padded fleece jacket over sweatshirt and that does the job.

mikench

Reaction score
I decided I didn't need any more fishing gear which is a novelty for me and I'll consider next winter when it comes. I have a Nash Caribou Parka which is brilliant and very warm but too warm on occasions and is just that bit too long so movement is a little restrictive. Thanks for the review Mark.