Bigswordsy shows his 15 foot Fox rods to the world and proclaims..There is a God

D

DAN.king of bad spelling!

tony,
not my idea of fun sitting next to rage filled water and water that could rise at any given moment.
instead i went to rother valley and was warned at one time that they may flood the lakes as the rother was at the top of the banks and may flood rotherham (i know thats not a bad thing)
but they didnt and what a session i had i know that the lake isnt like a river and god knows i love river fishing but i had one hell of a bream session even had a big mirror feeding right at the end of my rods on a patch of gravel but the swans scared it of in the end.
i started catching mid day on friday as the rains started but it didnt put them off instead it made them go nuts and i couldnt put enough bait in.i finished the session the following afternoon with over 100lb of bream taken in 24 hours biggest being 9 lb . .

D

but on the down side i got wet and missed the trent but its not going any place soon.

T

Tony Rocca

Sounds good Dan, I used to live just up the road from Rother Valley when they were building it.

Trents still full, fishing its head off though.

D

ill be going in to the trent over the next few weeks Tony hope i can get amongst the fish there to cant wait!

D

i know what your saying!
hope this damb rain goes away soon im missing the river !

CRITTER

Reaction score
LEE hows the trent looking ?
i havent had chance to go yet,hope the water drops as my local river Don is towing like a steam train!
so the trent must be up to its bank tops!
and to top this the pole is still dusty it just aint right!

T

Tony Rocca

Still to the top Lee, rose again since yesterday, and it was full then.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Can we still bivy up at Collingham without the chance of ending up in the sea or 10 miles down river?

Lee Swords

Reaction score
You should be okay Christian...I think the river will be in good nick by the time we fish it.

What is your PB?

CRITTER

Reaction score
hope your right about the river lee!
still if the fish decide they arnt gonna have it (wich i doubt that this will happen as its a top venue)the crack will be tops!
look forward to the weekend if i can im going friday night!

Reaction score
Fingers and toes crossed for dropping or normal levels! I haven't been able to get near the Severn (it did 12ft in a day a couple of weeks back) or the Leam yet...

I fished the Warks Avon the other day for a couple of hours and all of the weed/ chod I retrieved smelled of sewage. I gave up :-(

Did you get my email Lee?

Reaction score
I reckon you'll up that pb Christian over the course of the weekend. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you landed a bream of the same size as your current barbel pb!

Let's hope this rain eases a bit.

S

Sean Meeghan

I'm going to try to make it Friday and saturday nights. Hoping for my first Trent double. Anything over 20 will be fine ;)

CRITTER

Reaction score
if its one place that can brake your personal best it has to be the trent you cant tell whats gonna come next it may be that monster or it could be a tiddler you just dont know but one thing is for sure your kept on the edge the hole time as you dont take your eyes of your rod as it may rip round at any moment!
cant wait but this rain is a royal pain in the rear,O WHEN WILL IT STOP??????