Bigswordsy shows his 15 foot Fox rods to the world and proclaims..There is a God

F

Fred Bonney

All right,all right...good.

Get out there, and give it a go.
I may pop over on the sunday,can't be there before.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
As long as its not running dirty ie loads of rubbish and stuff we should be okay.

I would like it to run off a fair bit though to be honest as Flood fishing can be a bit hardcore

F

Fred Bonney

I think all the rubbish has gone through,so unless we have another deluge,you should all be ok.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I was on the upper Trent yesterday. It was just short of flowing into the fields and I only just made it down the tracks to the river, going through several inch depths of water in numerous places.

I found a couple of decent looking swims (one a slack I could fish with a 1oz lead (see picture) and one almost in the main flow I could just about fish with a 5oz watch lead, but I never had a bite in either swim. The debris coming down wasn't too bad.

I only gave it three hours as I got a bit jumpy when the water came up another inch or so while I was there and I was wary about more water covering the tracks.

You only need a couple of days without any rain though and it'll make a big difference. Fingers crossed!

Lee Swords

Reaction score
four good days without anymore big deluges beforehand are all we need I reckon

And it should be cock on

G

Geoff Cowen

Lee, it is still in the balance. My wife Judi isn't to well at the moment and may be starting some more Chemo this week so I will be making a late decision, I will do my best to be there if only for a short time. I still haven't tried out my new 15' Fox Barbel rod yet and would love to try it on the Trent but Judi comes first. Tight lines to everybody if I don?t make it.

S

sash

Is this for Friday 13th and Saturday 14th? Might possibly make Friday but definately can't Saturday night.

Reaction score
I'll be coming along with my mate Jim and staying Friday eve through to Sunday pm.

Which pegs are we going for? 40s 50s?

PS thanks for the rig photo Lee

G

Geoff Cowen

Thanks Steve. It looks like I will be making it, my wife fancies a couple of days away with the caravan before she starts her treatment next week, so we are heading for a site at Newark. I will be dropping in for a couple of hours to say hello to everyone and have a fish.

Paul B

Reaction score
Good luck lads, if your ears are burning while you're there it'll be me calling you rude names while i'm on nights!! :0)