Catfish fish-in 2007

Matty C

Reaction score
ok guys, we'll stick with the 6th til 9th then.. it seems easier to just let everyone fit round the dates rather than the dates around everyone.. theres always someone thats not gunna be pleased with the dates, but thats life I guess.. I dont mind paying an extra 15 for the three days..

Nick, I spoke to budgie via email, and he is deffinately coming along.. I asked him about his article n he said hes on a new lap top, but he'll plug the old one in and send it asap.. Ill forward it onto you as soon as I have it.. can I reach you through email via this place ? if no, gimmi your addy mate.

all the best,

Matty C

Reaction score
of course Ill give priority to FM members G, you coming along.. haha youre welcome to if you want..

the only reason I said about getting guys outside of this site was to boost the numbers.. perhaps Nick, you can get your mate and his cousin to sign up to the site, as well as Colins number 2, therefore they can deffinately get priority, and the site gets a couple more members.. ? might be an idea just to be on the safe side, as I dont want them getting all excited about it, then some members from here say they want to come, and have to drop your mates.. ?

with regards to the dates and money situation, Ill have a word with the head bailiff tomorrow and see if he tells me any differant with regards to money on a weekend, so Ill try n get some knocked off for us, but I cant promise anything.

sorry if this is a pain for those who would like a weekday, but Im sure you understand that its impossible to please everyone.

cheers guys,

Matt

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
friday the 6th-monday the 9th good good good.
Are we looking at fishing tuscany lake again or will there be enough intrest so we can get on snipe lake???
If it`s limited to one lake then it leaves the other one free for the paying public as it were and keeps the bailiff and owners happy???
Matty.....should you or anyone on this site want to e-mail me... nick01536@yahoo.co.uk

Matty C

Reaction score
cheers for the email addy Nick, Ill send you the cat article of budgies when I recieve it..

with regards to the numbers, at the moment I have 20 names down.. thats including your mate and cousin and Colins number 2 whoever that is.. as well as a couple more that Ive not heard anything back from sinse they said they were interestesd.. so if all 20 can turn up, then we'll be able to have both lakes, Tuscany and snipe, so I guess its a question of the earlier you get there, the more choice of swims youll have. If some people drop out, and we end up with say 14, we can all get onto Snipe, leaving Tuscany free to the public, if 17 turn up, thats too many to all get onto snipe, so 14 on snipe and the other 3 on tuscany, but obviously we wont be able to book tuscany for just 3 swims, so we'll have to leave the other swims open for the public too.. just depends on who can make it.

with regards to that, the sooner I hear back from everyone interested, saying weather they can make it or not, the sooner I can finalise the details.

Nick, any word on getting your mate n cousin to sign up to the site so they can get priority also ?

cheers mate

Matt

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
It`s a no no now with them i`m afraid...i confirmed the dates with him this afternoon and he has been told by his wife, that they are attending a family get together up in hartlepool that weekend.She will not be moved and has told hm he aint coming full stop!!!

Matty C

Reaction score
big shame Nick.. would have been nice to meet them.. maybe some other time.. It might be a good idea in the long run for them to reg to the site just incase theres another fish-in somewhere down the line they want to come to though.

So, if anyone else knows anyone that would like to come along, I can put their names down too..

****y, should I put you down for the full three days, as you've not mentioed what you wanna do ?

Same to you please Bully and Wendy, any feedback would be greatful.

Cheers guys,

Matt

C

Colin North, the one and only

Matty, my number two is Mrs N (Sue)- She's a very competant angler. She caught all the fish on our Salmon excursion to the Tweed in November, and I blanked.

B

Bully

Sadly weekends are difficult for me due to cricket commitments so probably not. However I may be able to get down Sunday and fish thru to Monday? Or arrive Friday, leave Sat morning to play and come back down in the evening......its only 30 mins from where I live.

As such I suggest you give priority to the definites and I'll see what I can fit in closer to the dates if there are places. WHatever the case I may well pop down Sunday and push Cakey in.

Matty C

Reaction score
Godd stuff Colin, I think its only fair to give her priority also, as shes your wifey n all.. she might bring us some good luck if shes good at catching fish.. does anyone know much about the female feramones (dunno bout spelling there) being a good fish attracter ? women have always seemed to be good at catching big salmon.. dunno bout cats though.. haha

Bully, sorry to hear weekends are a prob for you, although your suggestion of coming down on the friday n leaving to play the game, then coming back is a good idea if youre up for that, although I think the bailiff will want a full days fishing still, as youll mostly be doing it during the nights anyways.. lemmi know how you feel... I can still keep you down as a priority until I hear you deffinately cant come..

All the best guys,
Matt,

Cakey, if youget pushed in, can I give you my bait to drop on the right spot as youre already in there ?

L

Les Clark

Matty ,any chance of getting Budgie`s article put in the rig /article page on F/M , i for one need some info on rigs ?

Matty C

Reaction score
Hiya Les,

I did ask budgie for the article a while back, and he said he would send it to me, but hasnt yet.. Ill send him another mail and ask again for it, n Ill see if I can get it put on the site, if not, Ill send it to all that want it..

cheers mate

One last thing..

EVERYONE whos interested, and can make the dates 6th - 9th of July, can you please please please let me know asap so I can get things booked..

I have had lots of people say theyre interested, but only a few seem to want to answer the requests for confirmation..

cheers again

Matt

C

Cakey

I am definate...have booked the time off work...thunderbirds are shite!!!