Catfish fish-in 2007

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
if i'm available Matty then yes i'd love to i'll let ya know nearer the time.

did you enjoy yesterday?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
For those that are wanting to purchase any equipment for this shindig,this might be worth a look.... ebay no 170023191489.
It`s a shakespeare 50" landing net,buy it now price of ?18:00,p&p ?5:75.
If you type catfish pro into the ebay search engine,there are a few items to be purchased as well.
I am wondering if any one from last years event has budgies catfish write up/info,on their computer still.??? Or perhaps budgie can e-mail it again to the folks who want it....it`s well worth reading.

Matty C

Reaction score
good stuff nick.. it would be helpful to have a few bits.. although I remember the bailiff was happy to lend us one or two.. although it would be helpful to have a few more if there is going to be more of us this time.. unfortunately, I dont have the money right now, but maybe Ill get something closer to the time.

unfortunately, my computer crashed sinse the last time, so I lost the article of budgie's.. if he gets around puttin a post on here to see if hes comin, we can ask him to send it again..

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
loved it matty.... but then again i love every fish in i have ever been too!

Nick if you do a search in the articles i'm sure it'll still be up there...

Matty C

Reaction score
I dont think he posted it on this website unfortunately wendy.. I think it was a diff website, or a magazine or something..

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Matty, re: my lack of tackle (let me re-phrase that).........

Courtesy of yesterday's raffle, I now have a Fox Rangemaster 12' 2.75lb tc rod (it looks like a beach caster to me!).

Is that an option for these catfish thingy's? Or am I still seriously outgunned?

Matty C

Reaction score
no mate 2.75 is sufficiant.. is that the only big rod you have or will you need to borrow another one ? I can repay the favour for the net yesterday, by lending you one of my 3lb'ers if need be mate

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
What? My next "biggest" is a medium feeder rod!!

Are you sure we're not fishing off Beachy Head?

I think I might have to go on a scrounging mission but I'll certainly take you up on the offer, thanks.

Even if I double up the elastic, are you sure the pole is not the method?

Matty C

Reaction score
hahaha maybe a pole might do... although itll be difficalt to hold a live rudd in the same place.. but I guess youll know if a cat takes it..
deffinately worth a go maybe..

no worries about borrowing a rod.. I got a few spare so its at expence to me. Ill have a couple sufficiantly big bait runners too with some good enough line, if youll need them aswell ?

C

Colin North, the one and only

All three days for us two. Just remind me of the dates please.

C

Matty, I'm having trouble getting my head around your earlier message to me. 3 nights inc a Friday and a Monday. What do we do, clear off for a Saturday or a Sunday?
LOL

C

I think I understand now mate. You clear off on Monday. Twat, aren't I.

Matty C

Reaction score
get there noon on the friday n go home at noon on the monday mate.. the idea is to fish for the cats during the nights and do what you want during the day.. theres a few lakes there so theres loads to catch

Y

yoggy

Nick,I`m working on it mate. I have a new manager he`s one of these " i`ll do anything for promotion" types!!!!. Only been in the company 5 bloody minutes and thinks he knows everything!!. I cant print on an open forum what I really think!! ;-]

I`m trying to swap a couple of days,he said he`ll look into it!!......GRRRRRRR

C

Thanks Matty, we are looking forward to it.

L

Les Clark

Matty ,make it 3 days for me and Chris but she won`t be fishing .