Catfish fish-in 2007

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Has any work been carried out on that brook section that runs through the fishery...they did mention they had plans for it...widening,dredging and clearing swims???
I had some nice bream out of there and a good sized roach on your borrowed float rod matty.Also had a nice jack pike follow my bread flake when winding in for a re-cast.I was spotting fish with my polarized glasses and showing christian the benefits of owning some,before the rest of you showed up.We also spotted some nice chub and a carp as well in the brook....the place was alive with fish!!!
I fancy a spot of tench fishing this time during the day as well as the brook.The golden tench sound too tempting.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Nick, the golden Tench are a nightmare to catch I've tried a fair bit before.
The Tench in one of the other lakes are normally pretty easy to catch though!

Must check spellings!

C

Cakey

mr shimano just phoned and said "I am coming for the meal only ,can I have seconds please ?"

C

Cakey

he also said he has at least 3 more hours of bullshit to tell us !

Matty C

Reaction score
hiya guys,

With regards to the dates, I just spoke to the second in command bailiff there, checking if a weekend booking is ok, he said hes not sure as that would mean having to tell some of the regulars that the lakes are booked, I said to him that from the fisheries point of view, they will be getting the same amount of money, but he wasnt sure.. he said he'll get back to me about it asap, and Ill let you all know as soon as I know myself.. Im sorry for any inconvinience this causes, but I did mention weekend bookings to the head bailiff and he said yeah sure, now when I phone to check, there seems to be some doubt.. as I said though, Ill let you all know.

The brooke, Nick, has been widened and sorted out mostly already, they have a bit more to do, but the guy said it should deffinately be all done by the time we get there in July.

Cakey, Mr Shimano is already bivvied up, hes into a 67lb'er as we speak, and has caught any fish we catch, but his were bigger by 2lb 6oz.. haha

Matty C

Reaction score
Just incase the bailiff(s) dont want to let us book over the weekends, is anyone going to have any major problems with doing it midweek ?

cheers guys,

sorry about this

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Matty the second in command baliff is mr shimano so I wouldn't believe much of what he says.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I am the same as paul....desperately need to know asap as i have changed my holidays around twice already and if it`s now a midweeker i will need to change them again.
Plus she who must be obeyed will need to book time off to accomadate me.
T.N.T are a pain in the arse when it comes to booking holidays and i`m starting to get on my shift managers jollops!!!

I don`t envy you matt,trying to sort this out....lol.

Matty C

Reaction score
Ill let you all know as soon as I know guys.. Im sorry for all of this but I just need to know exactly what everyone is happy with.. I might have to send around a few emails if people arnt gunna read this thread..

as soon as I know something, Ill let you all know..

cheers

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Matty, you can please all of the people some of the time and some of...

Well you know the rest, if I were you I'd plump for one set of dates and everyone can work around that.

There will always be someone who unfortunately can't make it whichever one you go with.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Matty, If we all turned up on Friday and occupied all the swims on the lake, so that no "regulars" can get on, whats the difference between that and the situation that I have faced down there on casual visits when Sue and I couldn't find a vacant swim on either of the two catfish lakes.

I presume that if you turn up and pay for 24 hours fishing, the next day you can pay for another 24 hours and so on.

Does one have to book for a 24 hour session?

Matty C

Reaction score
I think youre right paul, in that we should stick with one set of dates and people can work around that.. makes life easier in the long run I guess..

ho, I just spoke to the bailiff, and he said we can book the lakes for the weekends, n he will charge us 60 a head for the 3 nights, which is the going rate.. but if we go during the week, he will do it for 45 a head...

how does everyone feel about about ? personally Im easy, I can book whenever I need to off work, so its no big deal to me, so its up to you guys.. if youre happy paying an extra 15 to go on the weekend, thats cool with me, alternatively, if you would rather save 15 n go during the week, thats cool to..

Cast your votes !

I also put acorss a similar point of view to the bailiff Colin.. I said if we have both lakes booked and all swims taken, youre getting the same amount of money, and its no differant to a non reg turning up and not being able to get a swim because its all taken by the regs.. he agreed to a point, but said if a reg turns up for his normal weekend session, and finds the lakes booked, the fishery might lose more money in the long run as the reg would be hesitant to return.. I questioned this theory as regs dont tend to be that fickle, but he wouldnt budge..

Although, as I just said, he's willing to let us have it on the weekend provided we pay full price, but is kinda trying to persuade us to go weekdays by giving us money off..

L

Les Clark

MattY i will go with the flow ,but an extra ?15 is not to bad .

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
AS I've said, I'm easy. I can understand the potential problems of "backlash" from the regulars if the lakes are closed for a weekend. I would feel the same if I arrived at my local fishery to find I could'nt fish.
It sould'nt be a problem in this case as long as they advertise the fact that the lakes will be closed early enough (via the notice boards/website ect). They could also point out that as long as there is places availible any of the regulars can log on, put their names down and join us.
For this reason I think need to decide on the dates and stick to them, regardless of feedback from people who cant make it, as you will never suit everyone.
One other point, I would guess price is for the lakes, not per person so if people cant make it the cost for everyone else will go up. And those who only want to fish for two days will still have to pay the full ?60 as the swim will be booked.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Matty, in the light of discussions on another thread regarding FM Fish-ins, members, etc, can we take it you'll be giving priority to FM members?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Not to bothered on days Matty but cheaper rates for a weekday sounds good but I don't know how everyone else feels about a weekday?