Catfish fish in

• Thread starter Colin North, the one and only
  • Start date

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
f_animatedthum_059dcd3.gif

..................................... book me in .... where do I sign?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I think we should start a French trip thread and perhaps one of the FM tekkies can shift these French trip posts to it.

Claudia and anyone else who wants to do their own write up and pics if they PM them to me ill collate them and give em to Graeme for an article.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Ok Trev, will do, wasn't sure who was doing the write up.

I can't wait for a french trip until next year...........I'm going in 61 days.....good reason to do a little tackle tarting again/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

MankyBait

Reaction score
Had a great time guy's...... your a great bunch and it's so refreshing to be able to meet, chat and enjoy the company of of you all....... and to top it all .... I didnt blank.....

.............. The food was great........ and if no-one noticed I thoroughly enjoyed it... both on Friday and the Barbie............

.. Ash told me to say that he appreciates getting a badge too....... although he felt a little embarrassed but it was a great thought not to be left out.....

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I would be intrested but it would have to be the angling lines one that steaker did the link to.I think you would have to barmy to turn down being driven to the lake etc..... and the meals and they even supply bedchairs etc....free of charge.

I think it would be an excellent introduction to foreign fishing for the fist timer abroad.

I sent off for the angling lines brochure and dvd a while ago....very intresting reading and veiwing.I did find a place that i liked the look of but it`s the driving abroad....rules and regulationsand arranging ferry crossings....i don`t know if i could stand the hassle????

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Yes .............. <blockquote class=quoteheader>Dan (emmo Jnr) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>vaumingy looks good</blockquote>
............. if you want to arrange your own ferry, transport, food, bait and carriage of your gear. Personally I don't mind 'drive & survive' having done it before........... but it may not be an ideal experience for a first timer and it's certainly not condusive to a social occasion, unless everyone is like minded and doesn't mind doing their bit.

C

Cakey

All Im saying is after around 20 trips to Vaumigny I know the place ,I know Frank and Dorita and you would have to be a complete w*nk*r to blanker ................even Wol caught there

speed ferries £57 return

lake £120 if ten go

3 in a motor approx £20 diesel

C

Cakey

they do breakfast when arriving

breakfast when leaving

and a midweek bbq

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I will ask about van or mini bus hire to go france tomorrow when I`m in work tomorrow as there is a place next to us. I`m up for driving us there if no one wants but thats if there would be enough people to make worth while, all we need to do is split the cost, if we can get it cheap we would probably save money as it would be 1 vehicle for fuel and 1 vehicle for the ferry. I`m sure we all could get it sorted

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I will get a quote of them then its something to go by, if there the cheapest I will. Who`s up for this year?? I didntlookfor long cakey but how many anglers would it comfortly take? or was it£1200 for a week for 10 anglers(£120 each so far)

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I think a minibus takes 14 but then we would 14 sets of tackle. we may need 2 but that shouldnt be a problem, plus we would need a meeting point or would everyone leave there cars at the port car park?

C

Cakey

could take minibus and car ..........4 people in car give more room in bus for tackle

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Caution on the mini-bus front ............ 10 anglers ... yep! ............ bait ... yep! .......... all their gear ... hmmmmmm! .......... perhaps that's why the couriers have a huge trailer on theirs? ......... no problem!

I have done all the driving thing ........ no problem!

The shopping thing .......... no problem!

Interrupting the fishing to do the turn at cooking thing ........... no problem!

Doing the communicating thing ............. pas de probleme!

Plenty of time ................ let's make sure we do the right thing! .......... no problem!