Clattercote Teach-in (12th April 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date

blankety blank

Reaction score
i am afraid that it looks as if i am foing to have to cancel. I need to be at home looking after my new pup. Very sorry to miss out on the teach in, it is something i was really looking forward to, but there you go.

i hope everyone bends a rod on the day.

brewery boy

Reaction score
Hello Graham & All,Due to car problemsI am not going to make it on saturday, In fact the Bagger can't come either! This has really''cheesed'' me off because i was really looking forward to meeting you all andhaving what will be a bloody good day. Soiwill have to wait till the match before i meet you all........Have a good un....

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Matt, the only reason I chose it that way is because I have the same 1.75 as you and I would use it on the method with a tip as opposed to the avon.

I'm no expert mate, Graham and Stu are /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Matt, I'll be fishing 15lb hooklinks to 25lb mono on a 3.5lbtc rod under the boards in the match!!!"

I should have made myself clearer with the above post last night, it was said with tongue firmly in the cheek. I made in reference to Matts question about being over-gunned, which he will not be with his rods, they will be fine Matt.

I will not be fishing like this in the match.

Reaction score
Well that was close Steve. You were close to having the "no fishing under the boards" police on your back.

To be honest I misread what you wrote and read "15lb mono", which is what I'm spooled up with.

blankety blank

Reaction score
well my new pu/p has put the cat among the pidgeons. Mr army of cats are less than impressed. They want to post about their distress on the web. Graham, is there a pussymagic site?

Reaction score
Just to say Ireally enjoyed the day & meeting everyone. I learnt a lot from Stu's instruction teach in, what a helpful nice guy. Also, many thanks to Graham for organising the day & the freebies & also Mark for his "car boot sale" in Tesco's car park! Can't wait to get stuck into the pole fishing book. Perhaps it will show me where I've been going wrong for the past two years!

Unfortunately, not available for the upcoming match at Clattercote but hope it fishes a lot easier than today.

W

Wolfman Woody

Don't worry folks, the entire Stu Dexter demonstrations was filmed by new ace director -

CECIL B. DE MARSDEN! /members/images/6812/Gallery/Cecil_B_de_Marsden.jpg

Look out Spielberg!

Andyw

Reaction score
I had a good time to, nice to meet everyone!!!

I got alot out of it, learned plenty and came away feeling confident I can use "the method" more effectively in the future, I'm going overnight tuesday so I'll give it another bash!!

Thanks for all the advice and freebies!!

Thanks to Kevin for taking me, Graham for organising it and Stu for the demonstration...

I caught a bream, so no blanks at Clattercote for me, mind you sitting next to Mark watching him land plenty was an eye opener!!

Thanks again, look forward to another!!!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Well i blanked stuck it out for the carp and should have scaled down for the bream.

Good to meet up with everybody again and some new faces.

looking forward to the match. Just hope it warms up. Don't think there will be many under the boards then.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Started the day in tesco's for breakfast. That was good if a little pricey. Thought I recognised the chap stood next to me in the toilet on arrival but thought it best not to mention this at the time as it may have been misconstrued as a "cottaging" case.

Upstairs in the cafe the said gent indeed turned out to be our own leader Mr. Marsden.

Kevin was there handing out name tags to all and I wore my "Grumpy Git" badge with honour.

Stu gave a good display of "how to do it" mixing method mix, and we all accepted our feebie bags of mix to play with.

Once into our pegs the thunderous splash of method feeders was constant as each of us tried to remember to keep them going in regularly as Stu had suggested.

To my left Kevin caught his own personal bream quite early in the day and I did note that the method was given up later for a PVA bag which unfortunately didn't get him any more fish. Unlucky Kevin.

On the other side of me was John and Matt who both had nice carp, Johns golden mirror going just over the 12lb mark on my scales. He had the bad luck of hooking it during a heavy downpour of rain and hailstones whilst Matt and I were hiding under our brollies.

Me? Well during the day I was blanking nicely on the method. My own mix of Vitalin was giving me those niggling headaches, is it working. I then mixed up some of the freebie method mix and plugged away for another couple of hours. Still nowt.

Being a determined chap and hating blanks I switched to the float. Ten minutes after Matt left and being all alone with nobody to see I did manage to catch a nice 8lb mirror.

So, all in all a good day out. It was nice to attend my first FM get together and I hope to meet you all again soon. Thanks to all who made the effort to arrange and make the day so enjoyable.

Grumpy (Gary)

Andyw

Reaction score
"Started the day in tesco's for breakfast. That was good if a little pricey."

You are indeed Grumpy if you think Tesco Cafe is pricey!!! Mind you 5 plates of breakfast and 12 coffee's is what did it!! Grumpy Git or Fat git!!! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Andyw

Reaction score
Its ok mate your secret is safe with me!!

Good day tho all in all!! Kevin and I were nice and warm in the car driving home during the rain and hail, blinding timing I thought!!!

J K

Reaction score
A thoroughly enjoyable day and great to be able to put faces to names.

I thought the breakfast in Tesco's was awful, everything was cold except the tea.

The instruction from Stu was good. He answered all the questions in a manner we could easily understand. The freebies were gratefully received, I am now the proud owner of an FM hat.

After the bailiff had removed some others from our bookedarea we chose our pegs. Not being superstitious I chose No 13 and blanked. Good for me was the fact that Stu was sitting in peg 12 and answered any question I asked.

Even though I didn't catch I had a very enjoyable day and look forward to attending another FM fish-in.

A big thank you to Graham and Stu for their part and to anyone else who helpedincluding the David Bailey type bloke handing out the freebies at the end.