Clattercote Teach-in (12th April 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

OK I went to BAnbury this afternoon and had a recce. I will post my news on the Keith Culley Memorial Match (Clattercoate) thread as the teach in has now finished. We should all despite the crap tesco breakfast be looking forward to the match.

Yacko

Reaction score
I found the day very enjoyable and learnt a lot of new skills to take away and work on.

It's hard to describe how helpful some of the techniques that were demonstrated were,

e.g. my system for mixing ground bait is add a modest amount of water & gradually add more until it seems a bit too wet & leave to absorb with further adjustments after.

Stu's way reminds me a bit of past DIY jobs mixing artex or similar, add all the water at once, now I've read of that technique in mags but never realised how much this aids getting an even mix , once you know the proportions to mix ( approx 1 part water to 2 parts ground pellet) Its also a lot quicker- there nothing like actually seeing how its done. How many methods do you read about but never realise the significance and dont get around to trying and appyling.

This is just one small example of a change that brings a step-forward in your approach if you keep an open mind and practise what you've witnessed.

Other things I picked up that make a much bigger difference than at first they may appear were:-

Loading the feeder much more efficiently & evenly & also trapping the hook-link in the mix.

Using a low feed mix when it's cooler

Quick hook change system

Better casting methods -

Also got a hat, method mix, braided hook links, hooks, quick change bead- all quite fair as my needs are greater than some.

Sorry about being a bait scrounger- I left all mine in the fridge- might forget my wallet next time!

Thanks to Stu for the personal coaching and Graham for arranging this.