Get Your Passports Stamped! It's the Severn Fish-In

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
What a fantastic weekend, even though I blanked/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif......a huge thanks to ****y and Jim, you certainly done an excellent job in organizing this superb fish in.

It was great to have met up with a few old friends and to been able to put a few faces to names.

****y was a perfect host, he spent most of Saturday walking miles up and down the river making sure everybody was happy and ok, helping out with tips and tricks.

Needless to say that he didn't get much fishing in Saturday but made up for it on Sunday/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif...all I'm saying.......... well deserved mate/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Mike and I will definitely return to the River...as there is still a bertie in there with my name on/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif but next time I will be prepared , minimum gear/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

****y and Jim ................................cheers ,it was superb ,cant wait for the next one

C

Cakey

ps I blanked too......will teach me to be more prepared hahaha

and I want one of them hats ****y with the hair glued to it /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
It's a mink's tail with a bit ofUhu Cakey! I give it a wiggle and attract the barbel!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Now that I've finally calmed down from a superb weekend (hard fishing, but top-notch company), I would like to take the time to thank everyone who came along.

There were a couple of people I didn't manage to catch up with on the bank somehow, many apologies guys, please let me know by email how you fared.

I'm hoping to have the report in to Graham by next weekend (busy week etc).

If you have any pics please email them asap.

Suffice it say we will be doing it all again next year /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Pikey,

Lovely to see you and Helen (and Ian and little Matilda) on the Sunday.

You have email mate.

Brummie! A secret scheme eh? Let me know where and when, great to meet you /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for all the thanks Chaps and ladies - and a big thanks to ****y for getting me involved - Loved it mate.

It was amazing to fish with so many people who are happy when someone else catches - I know ****y and I were so pleased/and relieved for those that did this weekend. Really; we all only got a small taste of what the Severn has to offer. ****y and I have already discussed running a similar Fish-In next year;but maybe a little earlier in the year so we can all fish till later in the day.

Well, my next trip is off on myAfrican Carp Adventure - although i'vejust been told there are black bass and some huge pike in thewaterI'm fishing too! A local has just contacted me to tell me about his 'secret' island that's hopping with carp all around the edges!!! He he he.....Hopefully, and with a little help from ****y,I'll write some sort of article about the adventurewhen I get back. Talking of Adventure - If any of you ever get wind of one, or fancy coming along on one of mine, just give us a shout. New waters in crazy and far-flung places aredefinately my 'thang.'

Cheers

Jim

Reaction score
I'll second that matey /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Good luck in Africa! The venue looks very exciting.

I'm hoping my next expedition will be areturn to the Kaveriin Feb/ March for a few days, and thenpossibly (fingers crossed) an exploratory trip to Nepal later on in the year.

Let me know Jim (Hinchley) if your IndianConsulate visitgoes t*ts up and you're more than welcometo stay.

Specihunter

Reaction score
great day out thanks ****y an all i remember is SMILIES/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Count me in for next year...I'm coming up again this weekend...gotta practice for next year /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

Paul have a look HERE

a few coming up but fully booked but if you ask nicely you can put your name down on the reserve list

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Steve, if you're there this weekend, guess where ****y had a few on Sunday, including his "monster".........

....in your Zed hotspot!

I also sneaked one from the swim immediately above that one, having hacked my way down through the jungle to reveal a comfortable little spot!