Get Your Passports Stamped! It's the Severn Fish-In

L

Lucky

Those barbel are very addictive, for me it's when the rod goes round and you lift into something that pull's like a train, not mad rushing around, but strong and steady.

Make's me want to get me gear and go out now./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I wouldn't know..never had one yet/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

L

Lucky

Well all the better when you do, cos you would have worked for it. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Have you lightened up your gear yet ?

1 X ROD

1 X NET

1 X LIGHT CHAIR

1 X SMALL BAG WITH BAIT AND A SMALL BIT OF TACKLE IN

1 X UNHOOKING MAT AND SCALE'S

That's it, you are then free to go fishing and catch the barbel of your dream's.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Trust me Jeff I have learnt my lesson/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif...so where are we going to get me a bertie???/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

L

Lucky

Were do you live again, and how long did it take to get were we went the weekend ?

L

Lucky

The Kennet is closer for you, Newbury/ Thatcham area.

I've not got a ticket for that water, any one know if there is a day ticket stretch on the Kennet ?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Mike was looking at Winkton, it's in the Cristchurch area, a day ticket stretch, supposingly holding berties too.....might have to take a day of work to fish it during the week, less anglers about/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Kennet sound good too though, although didn't Steve say the barbel are getting rare there?

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Any one know how to change your name that's displayed, for some reason Lucky has popped back up again !

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
What about down your way Claudia, didn't Peter take you to some barbel water and are any of those day ticket water's ?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
So far I only ever seen one barbel in my local stretch of the Avon/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
If they arent there you can't catch them, we'll have a think and see about getting you on a barbel water. Were we were the weekend would be great, but it's a long way for you.

Saying that though I find that I have to travel quite a lot to get to the better river's.

I'm looking forward to seeing the picture's from the weekend and Jim said ****y had a monster, can't wait.

How's it fishing up there lad's, Jim you got your swim back yet ?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'm still in it Jeff! Haven't had a touch since Sunday night tho!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Chris Owen 2

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for a good day (unfortunatly onlyended up being a morning for me)

Managed to meet a few of you who had there walking bootson(Steve, Neil, Jim) unfortunatly had to shoot off earlier than expected, didnt manage to catch myself but congratulations to those who did.

****y - i was the member from Bromsgrove you missed, sorry about that, im on the severn most weekends though so willhave to meet up with you and Jim sometime, let me know.

Top marks ****y and Jim for well organised event, just try and get us abit of warm rain a few days in advance next time!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Tight Lines

Chris

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Glad you had a good time. Sorry to have missed you.

I have been on to the Met office and booked us overcast conditions with an extra couple of feet of water and a tinge of colour for next year /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I'll let you know when I'm next up your way and we'll have a mini Fish-In.

Kind regards,

****y

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Neil, hehehe/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

If your still there, I'll see you in a couple of week's, is there anyting you want me to bring for you ?

Tooth brush

Clean pant's

More bait, sorry this should have been first onthe list /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Neil don't forget to travel down to the Itchen tomorrow, we got a date with some graylings......leave the berties in peace for a few hours./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Cake's /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

How did the photo's turn out.