Go on, treat yourself!

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
And with that in mind I've promised myself a float from a top notch float maker, i'll put a modest cap on what I spend... Probably twenty quid but I'm determined to treat myself.

From what I've seen, you are a top notch float maker!

I'm planning to purchase a decent lathe for myself, and a load of float making supplies.

Reaction score
Ive just purchased the lure fishing book Neil1970 suggested last year,being as im jigging around bored as a man can be....

steve2

Reaction score
With my mother-in–law recently passing away and leaving us money and property I might treat myself to a house with a fishing lake and name the lake after her. (I got on very well with my in laws).
I could than fish in my own back garden during this extended lockdown.:)

Reaction score
Steve,dont think you can move house during the lockdown either...:eek:mg:

Reaction score
Just bought two packs of Isome worm,just in case I ever get to see the sea again...

Reaction score
I got a pack of small and a pack of medium of of fleabay,only had green,but its surprising but fish really like the isome amino acids and the textures of them,you can get different colours from other countries,which I would have,but would rather feed someone here...

dicky123

Reaction score
I think we should all make a promise to treat ourselves to something fishy when we all eventually emerge from the other side of this.

My plans for the Hexagraph have been well and truly postponed being as I'm currently furloughed and likely to be 20% down on my regular income plus the loss of overtime but it's only temporary and I reckon we all deserve something.

And with that in mind I've promised myself a float from a top notch float maker, i'll put a modest cap on what I spend... Probably twenty quid but I'm determined to treat myself.

Make yourself a similar promise, you deserve it and tell us what it is :)

I brought myself a full refurbished Mitchell Match auto Steve. Did I need it, no, but most of the gear I buy I really don't need to be 100% honest.

dicky123

Reaction score
I'm not aware of a Shimano model currently without a backwind. The one I would recommend is the Stradic C14 RA in either 4000 or 2500 size. It's backwind lever cannot be accidentally engaged either as it's slightly recessed. It's a beautiful and brilliant reel; light and a smooth operator and fighting drag is a feature well worth having. I have both and they are my favourite and best fs reels.

More than say a Daiwa trd 2500?

View attachment 8815

More than say a Daiwa TDR 2500.

Reaction score
Well,the book has arrived,as has the isome,yearning to go now....sob.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Well,the book has arrived,as has the isome,yearning to go now....sob.

Never heard of them so just looked it up on Google. Interesting as lug are not always available. When I get going again might give them a try. I assume you just hook them like normal worms.

Aknib

Reaction score
I brought myself a full refurbished Mitchell Match auto Steve. Did I need it, no, but most of the gear I buy I really don't need to be 100% honest.

I did exactly the same a few months ago Rich and have enjoyed using it immensely.

Like you I didn't need it but whenever did that matter? :)