Graham Marsden retirement MEGA Fish-in

Reaction score
It was good to get down and see you all on Saturday. I just wish I was able to get down for the weekend and fish and spend more time with you all. The day they allowed women to go out to work (especially Saturdays) ruined my fishing career! (ducks quickly to avoid fly objects thrown by female readers).

I was also happy that significantly more fish came out than I was led to expect (you know who you are Mr Never Let The Truth Get In The Way of a Good Story).

One major regret is that I wasn't there earlier to witness Ed snorting Stilton.

It was great to finally put some faces to the names of you that I have 'chatted with' over the years.

Ed, you're a lot taller than I thought and you don't look like a gnome at all...NOT!

Graham - all the best for your retirement.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Not really much to add but thanks to all those that came. It really was a great weekend and glad you all enjoyed the bbq. It really did turn out to be a perfect venue i thought and the weather was good for us on Saturday. Look forward to some pics.

Who collapsed Ivans bivvy in the middle of the night? :D

Who pushed BC over? :eek:

Who put extra chilly on Ed's chicken? ;)

Who put Barney's shoes up a tree?

Who fastened me and Ed in a our bivvy by pegging the zips down?

Who shed a tear when Barney gave me a kiss?

TIT!

heathbryant45

Reaction score
"Who shed a tear when Barney gave me a kiss?"

Forgot about that. Me and him are finished!

"Who put Barney's shoes up a tree?"

Who's idea was it to use the golf club to get it higher????

"Who fastened me and Ed in our bivvy by pegging the zips down?"

Ok, me, but thought you two Hobbits would like a little more time together.

Reaction score
Just one small thing ladies and gents...ummm..I hate to mention this....

..but has anybody got any other shots of fish???
(And no..Mr.Maidment's trout streaks will not do!!! -lovely though they were!)

Hi mate,

Re: you're previous post, you're always welcome down our way for a dabble on the Severn or Teme, just drop me a PM and we'll sort something out...

And yes have got shots of fish including several of Jim's dozen slabs and my pb 8lb 3oz (cheers for the photography Gary).

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/****y-angling-trust-pac--albums-fishing-friends-picture2053-jims-dozen.jpg

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/****y-angling-trust-pac--albums-stillwater-time-picture2049-marsbar-mega-fish-boundary-water-park-8lb-3oz.jpg

I'll email the originals to Graham for the write up.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

You have email Graham :)

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
They are certainly some nice Bream, hard going but worth the effort.

Congrats to everyone who caught and to those that didn't catch, as it was a great weekend regardless.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
One major regret is that I wasn't there earlier to witness Ed snorting Stilton.

Ed, you're a lot taller than I thought and you don't look like a gnome at all...NOT!

Graham - all the best for your retirement.

I'll have you know I always snort my Stilton -- It's the only proper way to take it !!!

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

One of the funniest things I saw over the weekend was Slime getting out of his 18 inch high bivvie

When he got out of it he looked like he had curvature of the spine !!

frippe

Reaction score
BIG thanks to everyone involved for organising and cooking, I put a few faces to names which was nice, there was a lot of people there so apologies for not remembering or introducing myself to you. Probably saved myself some embarrasment as up until Graham recieved his cake I thought Ron was Graham..

I think my swim selection stratergy was off as I spent most of the night staring at my bivvy and rods to make sure they were still there. I'll set up on the social bank next time.

Mrs Stains was glad I made it back in one piece although my son Semen was dissappointed I didnt catch. :wh :D

Well done Jim and all who caught, look forward to some pics and the write up.

thanks again

Bob

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Alright, can you let it drop now, so you all had a great week-end, I, as one of those that did'nt make it, am getting seriously p#ss#d off now reading about it. :(:(:(

You would'nt let it lie would you, you would'nt let it lie !!!.

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Wow!!!......Wow!!!...... what a do .:):)

Absolutely brilliant... (from what I can remember:confused:)......what a great send off for a truly great bloke.

This was the real Fishing Magic, just like it was when Graham ran it. Who said nostalgia ain’t wot it used to be?

I am trying my very best to coax him out of retirement so he can re-retire again and then we can have another one next year.

First of all apologies to anyone I may have offended (except for Wol who I think slipped me a Mickey :w or something? in the early hours,..still not walking straight :eek:). But full marks to him and his fellow kitchen bi tch for laying on the banquet of tremendous proportions. Two grafters who never wavered..bless your cotton socks.

So much to remember, the mods all great guys, Peter, Neil, Poshers, Eddie and Sean it was great to talk fishing and the enthusiasm it never wavers does it, was my privilege to meet you all.

Then the entertainment... Slime :confused:... a lost cause if ever there was, Ed a pal of mine but I don’t know why, Barney, Ivan (who let him out) Spillers you’re a diamond :)... bless you for getting me back to bed.

Meeting the Monk we fished the same waters all those years ago could have spoke for hours.

And to ****ie and Jim thanks for the hospitality in your swim lads we probably put the mockers on it for you. :(

And to all of you whose names that I forgot or you did not have one of Kevin’s dog tags thank you all for turning up and making it an event that I and many others will never forget.

And finally to everyone of you who signed the petition, a great big thank you for your vote, it was not signed by you on a whim or swayed by any bias but one based on sound reasoning and judgement, I know you did the right thing. :).........

Oh and good luck with the sample of Jackal......;)

Lost at Boundary

Orvis mesh cap 1
Brashier sock 1
Mind 1

Found at Boundary

Artificial leg complete with stocking 1

Last edited:

The Monk

Reaction score
It was great to catch up with you too Mr Bone Collector, the pleasure was all mine, yes great waters mate, great daze, sadly never to be repeated, yep nostalgia sure ain’t wot it used to be.

I think though we should definantely have a return retirement match for Mr Marsden, Return of the Magnificent Marsden, For a Few Marsdens More, the Good the Bad and the Marsden or simply Graham Marsden`s retirement 2 (the Movie).

The Monk

Reaction score