Hardy Coarse Rods?

hague01

Reaction score
I must confess I told them, politely , what I thought, yesterday, something to the effect of, typical US way of doing business, take the money and run..
I have also asked them to supply copies of the technical details,weights re line. feeder.hook material etc which were on their previous site about my 2 rods so I have these for future reference.I will let all know if they arrive.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't help but think the way Hardy have gone is a bit like having Spitfires built in China. Just not right.

I had my Spitfire made in Yorkshire...Mr Lythe made it for me, I waited just over 5yrs :eek::D

hague01

Reaction score
In the interest of fairness I should report that after I chased Hardy yesterday (10th Dec) for a reply to my email which they acknowledged on the 13th November they did promptly thereafter respond with the info I requested.I still am looking for a 12'specimen supero and if anyone is interested Fishing Megastore in Glasgow have 2 at £160 each.Although this is much reduced from list I still have reservations as to when the drop in value will cease following Hardy's walk away from the coarse market so I am after a 2nd hand one ideally..Alec

sam vimes

Reaction score
Hague,
I suspect that you may do well to buy new from Glasgow while you can. There's only one Hardy product that I've been particularly interested in over the last few years. The original price for this was £299. A few outlets sold them for £150 for a brief period a year or two ago. I was lucky enough to get one then. That sell off depressed second hand prices for a short period and sensible sellers just kept hold of then. Once that supply was exhausted, second hand prices started to rise again. Since then, second hand prices have generally been in excess of the £150 I paid for a new one.

My suspicion is that Hardy's withdrawal from the coarse market is more likely to see second hand prices rise than fall.

dazzer1967

Reaction score
If you pm me your email addy i'll send you the PDF catalogue with all the stats for all the rods :thumbs:
Is there any chance you could email me these stats too?? Picked up a supero extreme float and can't find the line stats anywhere, thanks.