How did you get on?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Nice one Neil, due to the slowness of the Text messaging service round here I couldn't join you this afternoon. I think your roach was a roach/bream hybrid.
Well done anyway.....

neil1970

Reaction score
Nice one Neil, due to the slowness of the Text messaging service round here I couldn't join you this afternoon. I think your roach was a roach/bream hybrid.
Well done anyway.....

thanks Simon, yes a shame about that and thanks for the ID on the fish;
I did have my doubts (honest:D)

B

binka

Look on the bright side Neil, if you're anything like me you'll count the roach/bream hybrid as two fish on a technicality :D

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
The weather this week is promising to be very hot with temps likely to be around 30 degrees come Thursday so I made an executive decision on Sunday night to catch up with some DIY and other jobs.....
I need to buy a new iron and board cover, the front door needs rubbing down and re-varnishing, a blind needs to go up, I need some new walking boots and the front hedge needs a haircut.....I may even need two weeks!!
I tell you this as some on here seem to think I spend al my time fishing, but as you can see it's just not true !!

Of course, I need to load new line on reels, tie some more hooks ( in daylight !) and sort the tackle/bait bags, replenish the fresh breadcrumbs etc etc so I should be good to go.......................well, maybe Friday if thunderstorms pitch up..

Anyway, I hope it's not too hot for all my fellow layabouts and trust they will think of me slaving over one job or another.....

ps Stupidly, I only went and told the wife of my plan so it's pretty much a done deal now ( unless she gets fed up with seeing me every morning ) but let's face it, a week is only a long time in politics isn't it and I can fall back on the Open golf if necessary..
Now where did I put those varnish brushes... ?

ps On the fishing side of things; The 'fresh breadcrumbs' mentioned above have accounted for an increase in crucians, this being fed in minimal golfball size amounts, NOT to the point of excess mind, but an improvement...Fished flake over the top of it.

greenie62

Reaction score
Still in search of Cru's - but I think I might have been overbaiting with the additives! :)
greenie62-albums-my-album-picture3852t-img-1000.jpg

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Glad your meccano set worked on the chair Steve, hope it manages at least another session...;) Looking at the weather forecast it appears that there is some rain due here Fri night thru Sat and temperatures staying around the cooler 80 mark all next week. Oh well, at least the fish aren't as warm as some of the 'half cooked' ones this time last year..................... yet.

PS Not been on the river since Monday - waiting for the cool 80's of next week...............

jimlad

Reaction score
Lovey mixed bag there, well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil1970

Reaction score
hi mate,

Slightly smaller than the one pictured with the feeder that I posted a couple of days ago, no more than 6"

slaphead

Reaction score
I spent 5 hours on the bank today as it was my first chance for a couple of weeks.

Only thing I caught was the sun. :eek:mg:

nicepix

Reaction score
I went Tuesday evening. It was 30C in the shade but the river was still slightly coloured from previous day's heavy rain and the banks were wet for 30cm above normal levels.

Had three hours on the River Glane trying for the elusive barbel. Instead of the small quiver tip rod I used a 10 foot cane Avon, Trudex centrepin and 1/4 ounce bomb and set off with red worm on a 14 hook lobbed under an overhanging tree. First cast I got a screamer of a take. The bobbin went up like a rocket and I struck into thin air. :(

Had a few tentative knocks in the next two or three casts to the same spot then changed bait to 6mm pellet banded cast across the river to shady spot that I had been feeding with micro pellets.

Same thing - screamer of a bite. Nothing hooked. Twice. :mad:

I could have changed to a 16 and half a worm to break my duck but instead stuck it out to the end for no reward.

Too busy now until next Tuesday although we had a short walk along one shallow arm of the big lake this evening. There were about a dozen double figure carp thrashing about in the Canadian Pondweed where I've fished before. It's hook and hold territory but I think that's where I'll head for.

neil1970

Reaction score
Well done Neil, I wouldn't have thought of going out in daylight hours today (or tomorrow) and I'm retired and can do what I ***ing want:D

I know Jerry, was a bit of a silly move all round, blazing sun on my neck as well.
:eek:

Best thing about it was hearing a regular plop sound to my left then watching
the best fisherman on the colne do his job.

KF 6 | N 2

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

I wasn’t gonna bother today but as it was so hot I figured the best place to be would be beside the river and so I made a bolt for it late afternoon, it was 27.5 degrees when I arrived and priority no.1 would be to find a nice shady spot under a canopy of trees.

Nice shady spot found and job done…

Wish I'd realised her tail was tucked in :rolleyes:

I actually managed two doubles along with two others around 9lb and 5lb plus a similar sized one giving me the slip right at the net.

Cracking… and a thoroughly pleasant evening for a quick impromptu session :w

beautiful:cool:

greenie62

Reaction score
After a radio-active glowing Goldfish the other evening - last evening brought this 'variegated' Goldie that looks like it's trying to do an impression of a Koi!
IMG_1007-cr.jpg

Still in search of TruCru's I had a mixed bag of Hybrid Cru's, roach and rudd to half a pound, with a few Tench and a 4lb really wild Common - it was furious and carried on the fight even when in the net.