How did you get on?

john step

Reaction score
After quite a few blanks for river tench I had to go somewhere to get a few bites. A heavily carp stocked club lake fitted the bill. I must say I find the hybrid feeder and mini pellets a fun way to get my string pulled. 13 Carp and 2 F1s later I was satisfied. Back on the river for another go Weds.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
The rod is a Sundridge Nebula Carbon Match I have had that for about 15 years and the reel is a Alvey 40 Bakelite Side-Cast; the finest reel ever made. Performs everything with aplomb and more, yours for £100 if you want it.
Hurry though, they going to be biting my hand off.View attachment 9883
A £90 profit on the reel if you sell it.
At least **** Turpin wore a mask ?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Ok £85 profit, I hope it was Sensor
What's sensor when it's at home. I wouldn't go to £5 of line, these are hard times, got to maximize profit. Mike wouldn't know the difference anyway. Then there is the labour and materials for cleaning it up, these things add up you know.

Keith M

Reaction score
Sadly I suspect that Pro Gold has ceased production (I sincerely hope not) and unless I can source any more 6lb & 8lb Pro Gold line or find some good alternative I might have to start using Senseless Sensor line as a last resort (I sincerely hope not). :giggle:

Keith

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I know, there has been some gossip.
Rumour has it by his wife..Mrs ,@mikench ..

But also on here by @wetthrough ,
I think that's why mike got a canal type stool, not as much to carry, therefore not out of breath as much with the extra timber he has.
I still say that Alvey reel would suit him down to the ground

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Bonjour and salaam aleikum . It’s not easy being me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not easy for us either.
Whats all this Bonjour and salami alky stuff anyway, ? ?
What's wrong with saying "Wotcha Mate"or "Top O The Mornin To Ya" or " Ow Do Me Owd Mucker" ?
You are lowering the tone of this site along with a couple of others, by using fancy sayings and eating food that looks like a saturday night pavement special but half of it is foraged,???????????⚘? ( free, gratis, zilch, nowt,) to buy but costs a mortgage to eat ??‍??‍♂️

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I still say that Alvey reel would suit him down to the ground
Yeh, he might of even caught some fish but he was never going to put his hand in his pocket, rather spend his money on a plate slugs, lost cause, no cure apparently, shame, he showed promise once..Its a sad tale, lesson to us all.

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Yeh, he might of even caught some fish but he was never going to put his hand in his pocket, rather spend his money on a plate slugs, lost cause, no cure apparently, shame, he showed promise once..Its a sad tale, lesson to us all.
We went on a Commercial called Lloyd's Meadow near Frodsham in Cheshire.
You should have seen his bait selection.
Mussels,prawns, corn,meat,pellets ( both hard and soft) , maggots, and a few other things I have forgotten.
The chef at the Goshawk pub just down the road could have knocked a meal up with what he had taken.
I keep telling him less is more . Just take 3 baits, use one as a throw away line and make the other two work for you.

mikench

Reaction score
I know, there has been some gossip.
I entirely agree. I blame lockdown. Just awaiting a delivery of some delectable curry dishes. This thread has been sidetracked by you two. Please keep on topic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Not entirely sidetracked, @markg is thinking you would Get On better with that Alvey reel,its a bargain.
I would have it but my partner may be Getting On at me for buying for buying sake.
So I will Get On and see about starting a new topic ?