How did you get on?

Reaction score
Tier one,two,three,who the hell knows where you can go,a club i'm a member of have emailed confirming travel restrictions apply when travelling to club waters,how can you when some changed yesterday others today at 11.30 apparently,i'm totally pissed off with it,glad i've got enough tablets to see myself off over Christmas....:cry:

Wakou

Reaction score
Tier one,two,three,who the hell knows where you can go,a club i'm a member of have emailed confirming travel restrictions apply when travelling to club waters,how can you when some changed yesterday others today at 11.30 apparently,i'm totally pissed off with it,glad i've got enough tablets to see myself off over Christmas....:cry:
1608199128545.png

rich66

Reaction score
Thought I’d try the river soar for a couple of hours again today, still high and a mucky chocolate colour.
This time I was armed with maggots, not feeling overly confident I tried my usual swim where I enjoy catching roach and the occasional chub in the summer.
First trot my foot went under and landed a small bream, most surprised I though it would be too fast for them but closer to the bank there a small area of slack. 1.5 hours later I’d had 2 bream 3 roach and chublet. Can’t grumble at them at on a winter morning.
fcf31cc72d72b2a561cb43cbc176bc40.jpg

f2df337b1b57373e54dd5c79017b41c5.jpg

Reaction score
That looks lovely Rich... :)

I sat and listened to Hancock's half hour and when it said that all the clubs waters were in tier 3 territory I nipped out and picked up more than a gallon of reds with a few fluoros in,enough for one session I reckon....

tommos16

Reaction score
I'm curious Whitty, how do you go about keeping them in good nick and not turning? I've been keeping mine outside and alive (using the fridge is a big no no for me) but that obviously wont do the trick in the summer

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

rayner

Reaction score
The best way I've found for keeping maggots in decent shape is to seal them in a bag with the top knotted, so long as they get a breath of fresh air daily they will last weeks. Smaller amounts I keep in a pellet pump with the same daily breath of air.

tommos16

Reaction score
Do you keep them in the fridge though Rayner or just ambient temp?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My bait is in the fridge,I get two weeks out of that amount of bait,maybe a third week if pushed,we have two Bosch fridge freezers,my bait lives in the older one along with my ale...;)it's a good job I don't drink that much with all that maggot,lol.

rayner

Reaction score
If I have a large amount that's not really needed now for me because bait maggot, in particular, is only £2 a pint in the tackle shop at the fishery.
Back on track, I keep large quantities of maggot bagged in the shed even in summer. Keep them dry in an airtight bag and stick to the daily breath routine and they will be fine, out of the direct sun of course.

tommos16

Reaction score
Honestly mate, she'd sniff it out from a mile. Sherlock has nothing on her

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Fished the GUC in the town centre today, it had colour and the wind was light..

00C0CDB2-A877-4BE4-B503-48A4517E3956.jpeg

More often than not i fish from the opposite bank on the supermarket wharf but it was full of boats which seems to be tolerated these days.
Bites were scarce for the most part but I had a few in the last couple of hours as the sun set, wagg and magg..

FA952CAC-37E4-4807-8268-3968C111F11B.jpeg

Reaction score
Blimey,your really going for it....

Tommos,kick her out and buy a massive bait fridge with the money you save,tongue in cheek smilie here :giggle: ;)

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A quick dash to the river to put up some club signage latter this afternoon and I managed to do half an hours trotting after putting up the signs. The river was up and coloured and it was raining hard so far from ideal conditions. Anyhow, one chub was the result but conditions and time were against me.
Still, better than nowt....

Pete Shears

Reaction score
A few hours on the Wreake this morning, nearly two feet lower than last week but still churning like a washing machine and muddy coloured.
Legered flake had the quivertip busy from the start but impossible to hit, I put it down to minnows, same with crust but with the brilliant sunshine a fantastic morning to be out. Switching to legered worm brought a dace, then a chublet and finally before the bites dried up totally a roach.
Seems a buzzard has taken up residence on power lines as a vantage point watching me stroll to the river and was back on the same spot when I returned to the car.

peterjg

Reaction score
My last three fishing trips:

Friday, fished the K&A canal for roach. Float fished either flake or dendras, caught 8 roach and 5 perch. Had 4 of the roach on dendras.

Monday, fished the Thames for roach. Had 19 roach, 3 about a pound and 1 silver bream. Got off to a cracking start had 9 roach in 9 bites all on legered flake. No bites on cheese paste?

Yesterday, fished the river Loddon for roach. The river was high and fast with some of the swims flooded. Tried 5 swims, had only 1 bite which I missed on legered dead maggots. No bites on flake or cheesepaste. As per usual packed up in the dark.

Last edited: