IDLE 8th Dec

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the grotty weather!

Looking forward to seeing the photo's and reading the report, shame it wont have the "sound effects" we had on the night.

S

Sean Meeghan

Just got back. Had 3 barbel on the Don on the way home 2 x 6lb and 1 x 5lb.

Saturday was difficult to say the least! One dace was all I had to show for 5 hours of graft. The evening was fun though AND no-one got too drunk!

Thanks for organising it Beecy!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Wendi.........trust me, i know my place /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Yes guys and gals I think we can all agree the weekend was a huge success and a fitting tribute to the esteem which the great JL was held in by everone present.

It says it all when some of those present hadnt had the chance or luck to meet the great man in person but were prepared to travel several hundred miles to honour him and his memory in spite of the dreadful weather.

A big thankyou is due to Beecy his efforts to make things run as smooth as possible with a little help from yours truly.

I managed to get Ron safely back to his present abode and he seemed in good spirits soim surehe was pleased hed had the chance to get out and about for a few hours.

It is always good to put faces to names and helps to perpetuate thesense of famliy that Graham has done wonders to create on FM.

Ian Cloke rang me and asked to be remembered to his many friends and aquaintenceson FM and hopes to be out and about in the near future.

So once again thanks to everyone and roll on the next one . MICK.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Great to see everyone there, I was convinced it was going to be a poor turnout and was really surprised to see so many there - about 18 I think.

Excellent to see Ron again, to be able to bollock him for being ill face to face instead of just over the phone. He's lost some weight and looked a bit frail, but the ladies soon put a smile back on his face. Wait till you see the photos of him and Claudia!

I've got a stinking cold now, but I'm glad I was there.

Thanks to Beecy for doing a great job of organising it.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Nice to see you have re-branded T Bone.

Will anyone else do the same?

Anyone up for another one at the end of February / start of March?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Sounds like you all had a cracker....well done, i really do wish i had been there.

Michael H....you are as always a true and loyal friend to John.

Well done Beecy.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks to Beecy and all for the organising.

Worth the 400+ miles just to witness the vegan falling asleep in the bar on Saturday night.

Felt a bit guilty at packing up with half an hour to go. I'd lost all feeling in my fingers so having broken the hooklength, the waggler rod got flung up the bank to join the stick floatrod (same thing about 30 mins before), I had nothing to fish with!

Also didn't think the 6 class* roach I'd got in the net would be good enough to beat the assembled masterclass.

(*The 2007/8 year class)

Another fine sight was Mike "T" dropping an eel onto the grass and then trying to get it into the keepnet without actually touching it!

Thanks all, I'm sure JL would have approved.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Another fine sight was Mike "T" dropping an eel onto the grass and then trying to get it into the keepnet without actually touching it!"

lol lol lol, poof

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

"Another fine sight was Mike "T" dropping an eel onto the grass and then trying to get it into the keepnet without actually touching it!"

Wuss! Monica, who has never fished in her life, had to put the eels back for him. And we've got pictures to prove it.

I know what you mean about packing up early Neil. Me and Jeff Spiller in the next peg packed up still with 3/4 hour to go. The finger I was using to dab the line on the reel rim was completely dead and I was shivering by then. Would have been daft to carry on.

Beecy

Reaction score
it was a pleasure folks, and I'll gladly do it again next year

thanks to all who came and made the best of a foul day with a smile on there faces

Mike, id be in for another go before the end of the season, just name a date. I'll be doing plenty of fishing at Haxey anyway so will be there most weekends after xmas.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
We'll sort it Beecy after Christmas. Hopefully we'll get some better weather then.

Oi Wol I actually called out your name in hope you could help me with the rig trashing pest. Those ounces could have been vital and it ploughed into some bankside nettles. Still I managed to extract it, (with a nettle rash and not a dock leaf in sight) but what are they doing feeding at this time of year? Worst thing was I played it with kid gloves thinking a pound roach was going to pop up/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Jeff, did Graham's bream float through your swim after the weigh in?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Wol............i prefer women to call out my name!! lol

Want a bigger spade MT or does that one dig deep enough;)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
If Nigel Connor is reading this thread, may I just apologise in advance for any unsolicited emails you may receive!

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Mike and Mark, go easy on him, it was for charity you know!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
lol Neil £75 for a half day ticket. Next time I'll do one for lets say £20/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

I'll even throw in the bait!

Brummie It went along the lines of 'Where's Wol he likes these b****y things'

Honest/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
some piccies
jlmatch00005.jpg

some of the competitors settlng into the upstream pegs
jlmatch00006.jpg

My peg ,organised as ever (i left a bag with all my terminal tackle in it) ,Hey mister got a hook i can borrow !...thanks to the kindness of a FM member i borrowed a hook and some shot to get me fishing .
jlmatch00004.jpg

My swim
jlmatch00010.jpg

down stream everyone stood and watched as Marsbar explained how he knew he was on a flyer right off.
jlmatch00009.jpg

"I've got a flyer here boy's"

oh and for those who dared doubt Monniicccaaaa's existance ,well hear she is snapping away candid shots.
jlmatch00011.jpg

see she's real alright .
jlmatch00014.jpg

The winner ( Mr marsden ) receiving the trophy

More picture commng soon !

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
You see, I told you, those downstream flyers were flat calm!

Upt'other end I almost got my surf board out!

And why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that Claudia went swimming?

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

The trailer's getting bigger than the main movie!

If you hang on before adding any more info or pictures there'll be a full write-up and a load of pictures soon.