Lower itchen fishery - fm fish’in 2014

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
A few things have fallen into place.

As I packed up a bedraggled figure approached from upstream.

Drenched with water and covered with mud he appeared to be dragging a full set of carp gear. Box, rods, etc
Obviously not one of exclusive FM trotting elite. .

I thought.....offer the poor fellow a lift back to the car park.
But looking at my recently cleaned car and then at the fact there was no way it would fit into an estate car, decided he would probably like to struggle back...... Actually I thought bxxxxx him.

As I drove along the road I hardly splashed him. Not that it would have made any difference.

Happy Days.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
A few things have fallen into place.

As I packed up a bedraggled figure approached from upstream.

Drenched with water and covered with mud he appeared to be dragging a full set of carp gear. Box, rods, etc
Obviously not one of exclusive FM trotting elite. .

I thought.....offer the poor fellow a lift back to the car park.
But looking at my recently cleaned car and then at the fact there was no way it would fit into an estate car, decided he would probably like to struggle back...... Actually I thought bxxxxx him.

As I drove along the road I hardly splashed him. Not that it would have made any difference.

Happy Days.

Now Who could that be ???

Did his name begin with, S, :eek:mg: He has a new TV program starting, it's called the WALKING WET :eek::D

aebitim

Reaction score
Oh so many fisherman talking the talk, Happy quiet day with kelly, again many thanks for letting us get on with it xxx

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I refuse to bandy words with the Louis Walsh of Cheshunt and a man who targets flounders.
Its all water off a duck's back.......or rather it wasn't !

And anyway I didn't want to get Graham's car dirty. Had it been yours Clarke I wouldn't have given it a moments thought....not that it could be much dirtier !

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
So pleased I missed this one (not) :doh:

I was busy at home and then a couple of hours barbel blanking on the Loddon. Since June 16th I've used a total of 3 pints of maggot, need to correct that soon with a few gallons to drown on the Itchen or Stour.

Good to hear the LIF fished well, last year was a return to really enjoyable grayling trotting with fish of several year classes present, it truly is a superb fishery and a privilege to fish.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I refuse to bandy words with the Louis Walsh of Cheshunt and a man who targets flounders.
Its all water off a duck's back.......or rather it wasn't !

And anyway I didn't want to get Graham's car dirty. Had it been yours Clarke I wouldn't have given it a moments thought....not that it could be much dirtier !

Hang on, the first part, I refuse to bandy words with louis Walsh of Cheshunt ?? Goffs Oak old boy, Goffs Oak.

Second part,

Had it been yours Clarke I wouldn't have given a moments thought, what happened to the first part ?? :D:D:D.

Your Y Fronts must still be Wet :eek:

chav professor

Reaction score
Here you go Skip..... Next year.... SHORTS!

(nice little chub I caught this afternoon....)

DSC_4400_zps4b9a00ba.jpg

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Nice one Christian. Bit disappointed about Stealth not making it last Sunday but the flip flops more than made up for it.

Thanks for the recipe BTW.......I shall be knocking some of that up just as soon as I can get Mrs S out of the house for an hour or two. To even contemplate doing it with her about is a non starter.....still not forgiven me for spilling a tub of red,maple flavoured corn in her washing basket 30 odd years ago.

greenie62

Reaction score
.....still not forgiven me for spilling a tub of red,maple flavoured corn in her washing basket 30 odd years ago.

Long memory they've got innit? The 'squats escaping in the fridge incident' was over 20 years ago - but you'd think it happened last week the way she goes on if I go anywhere near the fridge with a bait box! :eek::eek:mg:
Tight Lines - and tightly closed baitboxes!;):rolleyes:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
I'd forgotten the incident with the pinkies and the leg of lamb. She hasn't.

My best ever was letting a cat into the house [I didn't see it] when loading up the car. Mowser then found its way into our bedroom & frightened the bejasus out of Mrs S...first because she could hear it breathing and secondly when the damned thing jumped onto the bed.

Wish I'd been there.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Goff's Oak ? Does such a place even exist ? Guff's Oak more like !

The Lost Tribes of Hertfordshire. If I'm ever up that way I must remember to take some glass beads !

You wouldn't be allowed around here, You would be arrested for Dressing Disorderly, we don't do the Walking Wet Heads around here.:)

The nearest you would get is the Pit I took you to, produced a 13lb 5oz Tench this year mate, Not to me Sadly :(

kams5747

Reaction score
Loved every minute at LIF on Sunday, despite needing to dash off at dusk. Didn't notice that I hadn't sat down all day until the bones started to creak at about 3pm. Thanks for turning a blind eye to my ineptitude.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
They didn't have time to examine your ineptitude - too busy dealing with their own :wh :eek:mg:

AND I'm told you were boots on the deck - no seatbox. Big respect...:)

I'll definitely save some leave next year and make the next one...

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Loved every minute at LIF on Sunday, despite needing to dash off at dusk. Didn't notice that I hadn't sat down all day until the bones started to creak at about 3pm. Thanks for turning a blind eye to my ineptitude.

Welcome to FishingMagic Kams:w, most of us were either covering up our own shortcomings or never noticed from under their brolly:wh

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

I'll definitely save some leave next year and make the next one...

Reminder to self.......................DON'T FORGET THE LOCKING WHEELNUTS:eek::D

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Welcome to FishingMagic Kams:w, most of us were either covering up our own shortcomings or never noticed from under their brolly:wh

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Reminder to self.......................DON'T FORGET THE LOCKING WHEELNUTS:eek::D

And that's just on yer keepnet.......:)