Lower Itchen Fishery - FM Fish'in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The upper beat (above the middle) may or may not be available. Usually available if the numbers are good but typically it's only the lower beats that are open for coarse. Good stretch of water up there, more variety than below and often seems to hold the better fish - but that might just be wishful thinking.

Like Graham, I'll happily offer whatever help I can. I fish it fairly often and like to think I know it quite well. But if anyone does find the better grayling, I'll be above them long trotting a little "longer" than normal :wh

barbelboi

Reaction score
Probables so far
Jerry (Barbelboi)
Skippy
Big Phil
Simon (Peter Crabtree)
Ian (Itsnotwhatever)
Neil
Poshpaul
Graham
Terry D
Jimmy
Rog
Windy

I'll leave it until after the weekend to see if we can pick up a couple more then hopefully go for a Sunday late Nov/early Dec

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'll just take this rare opportunity as FM is working to 'bump' this up to the top.............................:wh

mick b

Reaction score
I do not wish to be part of the organised group as Im just up the road and can join you anytime of the day.

By the time your there I will have already fished it half a dozen or more times, so should be able to give some assistance, if required.

At present all our chalkstreams are low, slow, and very weedy, and in dire need of some really serious rain.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not wish to be part of the organised group as Im just up the road and can join you anytime of the day.

By the time your there I will have already fished it half a dozen or more times, so should be able to give some assistance, if required.

At present all our chalkstreams are low, slow, and very weedy, and in dire need of some really serious rain.

From the forecast this morning mick it looks like that rain is certainly on its way . . . . . . . . . up here (Aberdeen)
we had a fierce gale last night with the leftovers still making this morning's commute nightmare.

Reaction score
Signs are continuing for a harsh winter out in Bulgaria. Snow already in the Rhodopi mountains, black ice on the Shipska pass...and it's only the first week of October.The signswere there during the summer with trees producing a second blossom....I gather a sure sign of a pretty harsh winter.

There are similar signs over here - such as an early leaf drop from many trees.

Get those thermals ready, the hood designed for winter ocean sailing and the cap wih the ear flaps!! We could well be in for brute!

Last edited:

mick b

Reaction score
Bulgaria......where is that, somewhere north of Watford Gap? :eek:

I only fish in the winter so as long as the rivers flow I don't give a damn.

Grease the line and the rings, keep the bait inside my jacket, a flask of hot coffee with a dash of rum and off we go :D :D:D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Signs are continuing for a harsh winter out in Bulgaria. Snow already in the Rhodopi mountains, black ice on the Shipska pass...and it's only the first week of October.The signswere there during the summer with trees producing a second blossom....I gather a sure sign of a pretty harsh winter.

There are similar signs over here - such as an early leaf drop from many trees.

Get those thermals ready, the hood designed for winter ocean sailing and the cap wih the ear flaps!! We could well be in for brute!

Yep, I took an uneasy look at the mass of holly berries at the farm pond on Tuesday - good job I don't believe in those 'old wives' tales............:wh

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Any dates decided yet chaps as the diary is filling up .cough cough and I want to hire my mufflers, double tog thermals and arctic testicle warmers for the day.:eek:mg:

Graham

barbelboi

Reaction score
Any dates decided yet chaps as the diary is filling up .cough cough and I want to hire my mufflers, double tog thermals and arctic testicle warmers for the day.:eek:mg:

Graham

Was going to leave it until after the weekend Graham to see if we could pick up a couple more then Peter was kindly going to contact Lindsay to hopefully arrange a Sunday for or around the first December.
PS Get a bigger diary;)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Come on, last chance for a couple more for some really good chalk stream fishing before booking (hopefully Sunday 1st Dec) - over 500 views and only a dozen takers , whatsamatter with you;)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
:wh..................

:wh

IMG_1742_495_x_377.jpg

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Got it wrong, the Itchen is an ugly place, no character, no soul, makes a fool of the best of anglers but it's only redemption is it's a great place to blank...... isn't it Windy?

Itchen2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.